Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Figure line up

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Looking good! You have definitely put in the work!

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Everyone on stage looks great. The chick to your left (on the end) has amazing glutes and her ham/quad definition is great even at that angle.

Glutes are so much genetics but hers pops.

Now not saying yours are not awesome too but just at first glance hers grabs the attention IMO

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Everyone on stage looks great. The chick to your left (on the end) has amazing glutes and her ham/quad definition is great even at that angle.

Now not saying yours are not awesome too but just at first glance hers grabs the attention IMO

Yea, I noticed her as well.

@Anita Blumpkin congrats on your competition! Keep plugging away and it will all come together. Just keep hitting your nutrition and training, and the rest will follow.

What are your own thoughts and reflections looking back at your experience?

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023

Yes! she won overall. She was perfectly put together, the whole package. I took away a tone from this competition. Watching her pose helped me a lot with my posing, post show I made much needed adjustments.
This was my second show and my first show coaching myself. It was so awesome and I the lessons learned were so welcomed. I placed 5th in this line up.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023

Sorry correction! I placed 5th overall out of all the figure categories so more ladies than just this line up. This was a pre judgeing shot I believe. My height class. Technically I got last place haha they announced they're no longer doing 4th and 5th place after that show. Only 1st 2nd and 3rd from now on.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Yea, I noticed her as well.

@Anita Blumpkin congrats on your competition! Keep plugging away and it will all come together. Just keep hitting your nutrition and training, and the rest will follow.

What are your own thoughts and reflections looking back at your experience?
Thanks man I appreciate your words.
I learned so much on show day, some things I knew already but everything became extremely clear on the day of the show. I made a lot of show day mistakes. Not taking care of my tan was a big one and also not bringing the right type of setup for back stage. I'll have a revised show day plan next time for sure. I did get great feedback from the judges. Nothing I didn't know but I needed to hear it from the pros. I need to get leaner and bigger. I knew that of course but I didn't let it stop me from competing at this show. I could have prepped longer and done a later show but I stuck with my original show date and I'm glad I did cause I feel your first 2 or 3 shows is about learning Anyway.
If you don't get up there your missing out on a lot of experience. If competing is your goal I think you should do a show sooner than later.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
If Darkness approaches you, R U N!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Thanks man I appreciate your words.
I learned so much on show day, some things I knew already but everything became extremely clear on the day of the show. I made a lot of show day mistakes. Not taking care of my tan was a big one and also not bringing the right type of setup for back stage. I'll have a revised show day plan next time for sure. I did get great feedback from the judges. Nothing I didn't know but I needed to hear it from the pros. I need to get leaner and bigger. I knew that of course but I didn't let it stop me from competing at this show. I could have prepped longer and done a later show but I stuck with my original show date and I'm glad I did cause I feel your first 2 or 3 shows is about learning Anyway.
If you don't get up there your missing out on a lot of experience. If competing is your goal I think you should do a show sooner than later.
That’s awesome! I’m too chicken shit to do my first show. Keep making excuses. Want to be perfect but I know that impossible your first show. So much to learn and only experience is going to make you better. Was just about to ask how long you have completed but you answered all that. Takes some “balls” to get up there, knowing you have room for improvement. Happy for you. Look great! Lots of potential too. I feel like I have to wait till I’m at my best potential but getting experience will help when I am at my best potential. I just need to do it already. Thanks for the encouragement!

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
That’s awesome! I’m too chicken shit to do my first show. Keep making excuses. Want to be perfect but I know that impossible your first show. So much to learn and only experience is going to make you better. Was just about to ask how long you have completed but you answered all that. Takes some “balls” to get up there, knowing you have room for improvement. Happy for you. Look great! Lots of potential too. I feel like I have to wait till I’m at my best potential but getting experience will help when I am at my best potential. I just need to do it already. Thanks for the encouragement!
Ya exactly! You just gotta go for it man. My first show I had a coach, didn't know anything. I worshipped the ground my coach walked on, never questioned her. She coached me very cookie cutter but I don't know that at the time. This was back in 2017. I'll never hire a coach again.
Despite how hard hiring a coach is pushed in the bodybuilding scene I feel it's greatly overrated.
Getting on stage knowing I missed the mark on conditioning didn't bother me in the least. I know it can't be considered disrespectful to the sport. I agree that it is.... in higher lever competition. For someone gaining experience and doing there first few shows trying to feel things out and learn. I don't see it as disrespectful under those circumstances. Granted next time I compete in 2025 I'll be nailing conditioning. Started prep 24w out vs 16w
But those are my thoughts anyway.
I compete on K9 bite sports to and its common handlers train with their K9 for 5+ years and never enter a trail cause its not perfect.
No matter the sport, perfection is a crutch. Some achieve perfection for a brief moment but more than not its an excuse not to dive in and see where your weak spots are.
I support you man! I'll be stoked to see your crush a prep and get on stage.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ya exactly! You just gotta go for it man. My first show I had a coach, didn't know anything. I worshipped the ground my coach walked on, never questioned her. She coached me very cookie cutter but I don't know that at the time. This was back in 2017. I'll never hire a coach again.
Despite how hard hiring a coach is pushed in the bodybuilding scene I feel it's greatly overrated.
Getting on stage knowing I missed the mark on conditioning didn't bother me in the least. I know it can't be considered disrespectful to the sport. I agree that it is.... in higher lever competition. For someone gaining experience and doing there first few shows trying to feel things out and learn. I don't see it as disrespectful under those circumstances. Granted next time I compete in 2025 I'll be nailing conditioning. Started prep 24w out vs 16w
But those are my thoughts anyway.
I compete on K9 bite sports to and its common handlers train with their K9 for 5+ years and never enter a trail cause its not perfect.
No matter the sport, perfection is a crutch. Some achieve perfection for a brief moment but more than not its an excuse not to dive in and see where your weak spots are.
I support you man! I'll be stoked to see your crush a prep and get on stage.
I agree and disagree with hiring a coach. I too am self coached and have no problems coaching myself. However, I have encountered MANY and I mean MANY, who cannot coach themselves. Those who have higher levels of anxiety, usually cannot coach themselves. I have watched them try then scrambled to find a coach who will take them in the last couple weeks, because they mentally cannot handle it. Most are doing just fine, but they start second guessing themselves and make catastrophic changes that sabotage their look. Or they just stress so much they end up retaining water on show day they didn't when they did their trial run.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic