Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Feel like venting about to give up going to the god damn gym cause of god damn tendinitis

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i already have a prescription for naprosyn so do you think i should maybe give this a try first or change it to the voltaren cream

i would go with the cream! naprosyn destroys my stomach in no time! direct local antiinflammatory control is way better in something like this. have the doc drop in some depo and start with the cream and give it some rest. it is hard because there is almost always tension on it which is why it takes so long to heal. also might look into the protein rich plasma therapy. research on both sides as to whether it helps but it damn sure isnt going to hurt!

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
i would go with the cream! naprosyn destroys my stomach in no time! direct local antiinflammatory control is way better in something like this. have the doc drop in some depo and start with the cream and give it some rest. it is hard because there is almost always tension on it which is why it takes so long to heal. also might look into the protein rich plasma therapy. research on both sides as to whether it helps but it damn sure isnt going to hurt!

what type of doctor should i inquire with for plasma therapy

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Let me see if I can get Dangling Unit here to comment on the plasma therapy.He has had it done

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what type of doctor should i inquire with for plasma therapy

generally a good sports medicine doc. check online and see if there is one in your area. PRP therapy

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Try Active Release Technigue, Graston Technique or Gua Sha. It'll hurt like a biatch but it'll help tremendously and not just mask the pain. Also I'd do PRT on it afterwards if you can.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
generally a good sports medicine doc. check online and see if there is one in your area. PRP therapy

i called my provider and i guess these cheap fucks dont cover this. i did just pick up some naproxen so hopefully it helps, and im going to ask my doc to give a prescription for the cream. Funny thing the pharmacist even recommend me the cream since he uses it.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i called my provider and i guess these cheap fucks dont cover this. i did just pick up some naproxen so hopefully it helps, and im going to ask my doc to give a prescription for the cream. Funny thing the pharmacist even recommend me the cream since he uses it.

yes, it is still pretty controversial therapy so it is no wonder that it isnt covered. equine research is showing that histiologically there is no better healing when used but rather it just decreases the inflammation and makes them feel better so they blow it out later by using it too much when it isnt healed. i have done it a bunch but still tell the owners and trainers to give them atleast 6 months off.

P

poundpuppy

Sep 25, 2011
When I feel like that I remember the pain of giving up lingers much longer than the pain of perseverance.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
also might look into the protein rich plasma therapy. research on both sides as to whether it helps but it damn sure isnt going to hurt!

Platelet-, not protein, rich plasma. Not hurt? Sheeeiiiittt, it hurt like a mother fucker. I have a partially torn patella tendon and the ortho tried it. Withdrew 60-mL (not cc ;) ) of blood, put it in the centrifuge, and spun it until there was about 10-mL of PRP. Using a 20-g needle, he began injecting right into the tendon, moving around to different areas of the tendon. Now, tendons don't have bloodflow through them, so getting the tendon to accept the PRP hurt...bad. No Novacaine...nothing. He prescribed me Lortab and I took two prior to doing it, but that didn't help whatsoever. Half-way through the injection, he says to the nurse, "Better shut the door before the obscenities start flying." It works on some, but didn't on me. Two-years later, I still have the same tear. All verified by MRI. I can't squat over 315# without it hurting, and can't do a lot of leg exercises.

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
Over the last few days ive had a pain in both my knees.

I feel your pain. I'm 44 and my knees have been CONSTANTLY sore for 3+ months. I started squatting doubles and going heavier this past summer. I've always squatted butt to heels and I guess it was too much with the heavier weight. I used to give people a hard time who said they couldn't squat because of knee pain but now I know what they're talking about. I won't even get into the shoulder and elbow pains. I guess I'm fast approaching the day when I go to the gym just for basic health purposes. Blah...

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Platelet-, not protein, rich plasma. Not hurt? Sheeeiiiittt, it hurt like a mother fucker. I have a partially torn patella tendon and the ortho tried it. Withdrew 60-mL (not cc ;) ) of blood, put it in the centrifuge, and spun it until there was about 10-mL of PRP. Using a 20-g needle, he began injecting right into the tendon, moving around to different areas of the tendon. Now, tendons don't have bloodflow through them, so getting the tendon to accept the PRP hurt...bad. No Novacaine...nothing. He prescribed me Lortab and I took two prior to doing it, but that didn't help whatsoever. Half-way through the injection, he says to the nurse, "Better shut the door before the obscenities start flying." It works on some, but didn't on me. Two-years later, I still have the same tear. All verified by MRI. I can't squat over 315# without it hurting, and can't do a lot of leg exercises.

Ow it works prob is some take about 2x the number of treatments as others, and depending on the injury.
it's not gona make a completely blow pec tendon new for ex in 100% , Sounds like ur injury is on the severe side & being a stuborn bastad.

SOB is right, been there to.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
well a little update. my neighbor whos a doc gave me a prescription for naproxen. ive taken it for 2/3 days now and so far the pain has gone down minimally. im also getting a prescription for voltaren cream that ATW recommended, so we'll see

just wondering isnt it odd that my knees actually dont feel as bad after i workout legs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic