Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

f*cked up cramps

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
after boxing they make me do a bunch of sit-ups. i'm fine for the sit ups but when i try to get up i often get debilitating cramps. like, catastrophic ones that leave me frozen in position for 90 seconds or more. it hurts bad and is terrifying.

how the hell can i keep this from happening?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
pedialyte has done wonders for me. I found during the summer I was sweating it out quicker than I could put it back in.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Thabks! I'll give that a try even though it tastes disgussssssting

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
After doing your sit ups, try laying and relaxing for a minute when you're done. Not sure if youre able to do this with your exercise regiment, but the muscles sound like they are trying to almost spasm as a result of anaerobic activity or from dehydration. Sometimes giving them a moment to relax, even massaging them while you relax, if you're doing the hard set of sit ups, can help them relax again and prevent the spasms

Last edited:
SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
pedialyte has done wonders for me. I found during the summer I was sweating it out quicker than I could put it back in.

Learned about this years ago in Powerlifting, people can say what they want but it works!

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
After doing your sit ups, try laying and relaxing for a minute when you're done. Not sure if youre able to do this with your exercise regiment, but the muscles sound like they are trying to almost spasm as a result of anaerobic activity or from dehydration. Sometimes giving them a moment to relax, even massaging them while you relax, if you're doing the hard set of sit ups, can help them relax again and prevent the spasms

thanks. i am supposed to do leg lifts and shit immediately afterward but maybe i'll see if they'll let me switch it up. ;)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
thanks. i am supposed to do leg lifts and shit immediately afterward but maybe i'll see if they'll let me switch it up. ;)

Sit ups are overrated anyway. I know they do shit loads of sit ups in boxing, but you don't see sit ups as a staple in any other sport, even ones that require lots of core work.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Sit ups are overrated anyway. I know they do shit loads of sit ups in boxing, but you don't see sit ups as a staple in any other sport, even ones that require lots of core work.

i agree, but i dont want to be the dude who criticizes their methods in his 3rd week there. so i try to just do what im told.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
i agree, but i dont want to be the dude who criticizes their methods in his 3rd week there. so i try to just do what im told.

I don't blame you and would do the same.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
try to warm up your ab area before u go full blast on it..I get those cramps often too..It happens right when your done and trying to stand up..It hits me sometimes so hard I drop to the floor in the fetal postion

Reactions: HGH
AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
They are truly the worst. They are tough to relieve... best method I have found is to roll over and get up slowly without activating the muscle to the point of no return. If it does happen, take a knee on the side it is taking place and lightly rotate your torso.

Reactions: HGH
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic