Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Experience with a Pec tear

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I know this is pretty common among weightlifters so I just wanted to ask who has had this? How bad was your tear? How long until you felt like you could push yourself again? I know I have a tear just not sure how bad just kinda want to know what I'm looking at for recovery and if anyone did something that they thought helped out?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I was told by a Sports Doc to take 2 weeks off then get back at it very light starting with the bar and that within 6 to 8 weeks I should be back to normal.

I went by feel on the bar load but kept in mind what he said and that is he claimed if I did nothing I would heel incorrect and then it would effect my benching he said you need to keep stretching it out to heel as needed to lift.

It took about 6 to 8 weeks and I was back at it hard.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
I had a minor pec tear and my left pec looks like Toney Freemans right pec (not as big though ;) )!! It took me a good six weeks before I was able to start lifting and when I got back to the gym I went VERY LIGHT with pec exercises and biceps, I felt good, just didn't want to rush anything.

The things that IMHO helped out A LOT was I used 4ius of GH (blue tops) for 4 weeks and used some Test prop/Test Deca + NPP/Nandy Deca (I made two combo's of these Test Prop/Test Deca and in another vial NPP/Nandy Deca) to help out with the healing. At the beginning I ICED the area 20 minutes on/ 20 minutes off every 2 hours!!

Another thing that I thought helped out quite a bit was after going back to the gym, I really started stretching in between sets and also made sure I am ALWAYS HYDRATED before lifting as the day this happened it was hot and I know I was dehydrated the day it happened and I wasn't warmed up enough before going heavy. NEVER AGAIN THOUGH!!

Good luck to you B16!!

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Thanks guys some great advice thats why I asked the question.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Nothing like genuine life experience to give you perspective!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
My friend has a minor pec tear and just trains light with plenty of warm up sets but at the end of the day with any tear surgery in my opinion is the best route if you want to get back to heavy lifting.just like myself I had carried a partial rotator cuff tear for many years which then with work and lifting became a full tear.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
My friend has a minor pec tear and just trains light with plenty of warm up sets but at the end of the day with any tear surgery in my opinion is the best route if you want to get back to heavy lifting.just like myself I had carried a partial rotator cuff tear for many years which then with work and lifting became a full tear.

If it's a partial pec tear they won't do surgery it would have to be a full tear bro.

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Full left pec tear with surgical repair. You can tell when I diet down for show, beyond that no issues. Though I was prepped and in surgery less than 24 hours after I did it. Took about a year to rehab %100. Even now, 4ish years later I haven't done a flat bench since. Barbell press with an incline only, chest has always been big. Now a days I only train chest maybe twice a week.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I know its not a full tear I don't think so at least. That's a long time to rehab I don't flat usually ever so I probably won't at all.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I know its not a full tear I don't think so at least. That's a long time to rehab I don't flat usually ever so I probably won't at all.

A full tear is off the bone bro and with a muscle it rolls up into a ball.

J

jhawks92

Dec 20, 2011
I had a full tear a few years ago. Most painful damn thing ever, and the bruising that occurred a couple of days later was incredible. The timelines that the previous posts have mentioned are all accurate. If it is surgically repaired, they'll have you in a sling, and you'll be doing physical therapy right after surgery. By 2 months, you'll be able to participate lightly. It took me a year or two to get back to where I was, much of it I think just confidence and reassurance. Go slow, listen to your doctor and these heal well. good luck. e

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic