Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Erythrocytosis Following Testosterone Therapy

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome! I have been a victim of this dumping blood too and even when my HCT was only 51.6. Not doing it any more. I even had genetic testing done.
The Anabolic Doc stated the same thing from all the studies he researched. Not a single shred of evidence supporting TRT induced erythrocytosis being an issue. However, he still says to donate... LMAO.

D

DocOxRedox

Feb 25, 2024
Here is a very interesting finding by Dr. Jeff Volek on how carbohydrate intake seem to influence blood saturated fatty acids.

Volk BM, Kunces LJ, Freidenreich DJ, Kupchak BR, Saenz C, Artistizabal JC, Fernandez ML, Bruno RS, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, Phinney SD, Volek JS. Effects of step-wise increases in dietary carbohydrate on circulating saturated Fatty acids and palmitoleic Acid in adults with metabolic syndrome. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 21;9(11):e113605. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0113605. PMID: 25415333; PMCID: PMC4240601.​

Abstract​

Recent meta-analyses have found no association between heart disease and dietary saturated fat; however, higher proportions of plasma saturated fatty acids (SFA) predict greater risk for developing type-2 diabetes and heart disease. These observations suggest a disconnect between dietary saturated fat and plasma SFA, but few controlled feeding studies have specifically examined how varying saturated fat intake across a broad range affects circulating SFA levels. Sixteen adults with metabolic syndrome (age 44.9±9.9 yr, BMI 37.9±6.3 kg/m2) were fed six 3-wk diets that progressively increased carbohydrate (from 47 to 346 g/day) with concomitant decreases in total and saturated fat. Despite a distinct increase in saturated fat intake from baseline to the low-carbohydrate diet (46 to 84 g/day), and then a gradual decrease in saturated fat to 32 g/day at the highest carbohydrate phase, there were no significant changes in the proportion of total SFA in any plasma lipid fractions. Whereas plasma saturated fat remained relatively stable, the proportion of palmitoleic acid in plasma triglyceride and cholesteryl ester was significantly and uniformly reduced as carbohydrate intake decreased, and then gradually increased as dietary carbohydrate was re-introduced. The results show that dietary and plasma saturated fat are not related, and that increasing dietary carbohydrate across a range of intakes promotes incremental increases in plasma palmitoleic acid, a biomarker consistently associated with adverse health outcomes.
Yep, its like clock work for me, more carbs = sh&ty cholesterol #'s. I'm currently keeping my carbs low so we'll see what the next blood draw says.

Reactions: CFM
D

DocOxRedox

Feb 25, 2024
Tren drives my RBC through the roof, but at 20 mg EOW I don't know how it would affect anything really.

I took my HCT and hemoglobin from a 58.1 and 20.6 to 50.3 and 17.1 in 60 days by taking 4000 fu of Nattokinaise and 2000 mg of Citrus Bergamot 2x a day, cut out all vitamin C I didn't get from food, limited red meat consumption, cut out all cereals (cream of rice, cream of wheat and grape nuts have more iron than red meat) and stopped cooking on cast iron. I don't donate when I get thick blood. Instead, I address the issue, iron. FYI even prior to TRT my HCT would run 54-55 if I ate all that stuff.
Tren + DMSO = Heaven

Thats sucks, I could never give up red meat. And that reminds me, I have to take some stew meat out for the storm.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. I have been preaching this for a while.
The key point is that everyone has their own comfort level. I'm a science guy and agree with Nichols, but my comfort zone is 52% hCT. Having dealt with and still dealing with a DVT (although provoked from the ALIF and lymphocele inflammation), mentally I like 50 - 52% hCT. Higher and I have more retinal migraines and general headaches, esp in the Summer with dehydration. Yes my ferritin runs just above LNL but for me its a balance.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Tren + DMSO = Heaven

Thats sucks, I could never give up red meat. And that reminds me, I have to take some stew meat out for the storm.
Ehhh... It is not that bad. I use food as a tool to achieve my goals, not as something I enjoy. During the fall when I usually have a bunch of venison from hunting, it will be my main protein source. Not so much for the taste, but because I have a freezer full of it and the only thing I paid for it was my time about $25 in tags. On training days, I will eat 24 oz of cooked venison a day and on non-training days, I will eat 36 oz until I run out. Then it is back to chicken and fish.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Yep, its like clock work for me, more carbs = sh&ty cholesterol #'s. I'm currently keeping my carbs low so we'll see what the next blood draw says.
FWIW its the over consumption of carbs, as we don't need a lot. Also high glycemic foods ramp up my cholesterol fast.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
This needs to be a design on a complete set of dishes available somewhere, or maybe as a refrigerator magnet.
Thanks for the idea Raw!

I do custom shirts for my training/coaching business. This will be on the next set of shirts I do. It won't be for a month or so, as I have some new shirts dropping this week. However, when I place the next order, I will shoot you a message and send you a free shirt.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
You are absolutely correct on the donation, that is why I don't do it. I rebound fast and within 2 weeks I am just as high if not higher than I was before. I take 2 caps of the Nattokinaise in the am/pm and 2 caps of the Citrus Bergamot in the am/pm (I thought I was taking 2000 mg, but it is actually 1000 mg).

I just ordered this. Thank you for sharing. I think I’m running out of room for all these pills lol… like many of you, if I can cut back on donations, that would be amazing.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thanks for the idea Raw!

I do custom shirts for my training/coaching business. This will be on the next set of shirts I do. It won't be for a month or so, as I have some new shirts dropping this week. However, when I place the next order, I will shoot you a message and send you a free shirt.
LO, fucking, L!

YOU have added so much to TID it's cool to see you were able to get some value(?)
from my usual array of grabassery posts.

No eventual freebie required ... it would just take valuable closet space away from my collection of tee's that celebrate dog rescue, old Rock, and older movies. I would feel like a hypocrit if I started promoting goal-oriented sensible eating too :rolleyes:.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Interesting and thank you for sharing!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic