Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Do I have Hypothyroidism? Help Out Here...

M

My_Pitch28

May 15, 2013
My endo says that I may have hypothyroidism, I had a second opinion and the other doctor said I don't really but would treat my numbers based on my symptoms, if necessary.

I've been going back and forth with the old - to take the pill or not take the pill?

A few concerns I have are;
1) Levothyroxine and Raloxifene have a 'Moderate' drug interaction, taking the Ralo for gyno.
2) Levothyroxine and Anavar have a 'Moderate' drug interaction, I'd like to take this in the near future.
3) Levothyroxine and Testosterone have a 'Moderate' drug interaction as well, I will most likely be on TRT or cycle again in the near future.

Here are my numbers...Please, give me your honest opinions on if I'm hypo of not.
Thank you in advance to those that take the time to reply. It will be much appreciated as I've been mind fu*king myself on whether or not to take the pill.

[[I only have two labs as of right now and these are the only corresponding values that were tested]]

:::Lab date: 1/2/2013:::

T3 Uptake 36 (High) Range 22-35%
T4 Thyroxine 5.1 Range 4.5-12.0 mcg/dL
TSH 3.94 Range 0.40-4.50 mIU/L

:::Lab date: 6/14/2013:::

Thyroxine, Free, Direct 1.1 Range 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
TSH 3.38 Range 0.40- 4.50 mIU/L

J

jsaild2

Jun 6, 2013
With your tested numbers, I personally wouldn't take the pill.

J

jsaild2

Jun 6, 2013
Thanks. Are you hypo or have any thyroid disorder?

I thought I was for quite some time.

Hypothyroidism runs on both the maternal and paternal sides of my family, and when I was 5 years old I also had a cyst removed from my thyroglossal duct. There was a long period of time where I was always tired. I was lethargic, irritable, had no motivation, never wanted to leave the house and would sleep 12-16 hours a day. Finally, I had enough, explained everything to my doctor, and had some bloodwork done.

As it turned out, my issue was Low T (really low T). Oddly enough, all of my T3, T4 and TSH levels were in the acceptable range. Also, oddly enough, all my tested levels were very close to your numbers.

I guess what I would do is save the prescription, and keep them around for when you go on cycle and if you really want to shred up. Lol

M

My_Pitch28

May 15, 2013
I thought I was for quite some time.

Hypothyroidism runs on both the maternal and paternal sides of my family, and when I was 5 years old I also had a cyst removed from my thyroglossal duct. There was a long period of time where I was always tired. I was lethargic, irritable, had no motivation, never wanted to leave the house and would sleep 12-16 hours a day. Finally, I had enough, explained everything to my doctor, and had some bloodwork done.

As it turned out, my issue was Low T (really low T). Oddly enough, all of my T3, T4 and TSH levels were in the acceptable range. Also, oddly enough, all my tested levels were very close to your numbers.

I guess what I would do is save the prescription, and keep them around for when you go on cycle and if you really want to shred up. Lol

Interesting-

Thank you for sharing the information...
Wait when you say, save the prescription for going on cycle to shred up?
Is that what levothyroxine does? If I start taking it, it will make me shred up?
I don't quite understand....Sorry I'm new to this whole thyroid issue...

J

jsaild2

Jun 6, 2013
Interesting-

Thank you for sharing the information...
Wait when you say, save the prescription for going on cycle to shred up?
Is that what levothyroxine does? If I start taking it, it will make me shred up?
I don't quite understand....Sorry I'm new to this whole thyroid issue...

The Synthroid will speed metabolism up amongst other functions, which can help with the fat burning process. A lot of guys will similarly supplement with T3/T4 on cycle for this purpose. Your diet and whatnot would have to be on point, but the Synthroid could definitely aid the process of cutting.

The problem with Synthroid, T3, T4 etc. is that it can be catabolic, it doesn't really discern whether it eats muscle or fat. That's why most guys won't even touch these "supplements" unless they are on a decent size cycle, which will help combat muscle loss.

M

My_Pitch28

May 15, 2013
The Synthroid will speed metabolism up amongst other functions, which can help with the fat burning process. A lot of guys will similarly supplement with T3/T4 on cycle for this purpose. Your diet and whatnot would have to be on point, but the Synthroid could definitely aid the process of cutting.

The problem with Synthroid, T3, T4 etc. is that it can be catabolic, it doesn't really discern whether it eats muscle or fat. That's why most guys won't even touch these "supplements" unless they are on a decent size cycle, which will help combat muscle loss.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thank you for the head's up on this stuff. I'm trying to see if my doctor can prescribe a t4/t3 combo medication, as I've heard these are much more beneficial than just t4 alone.

M

My_Pitch28

May 15, 2013
update-
doc put me on armour at 15mg/day, going to up the dose every 4 weeks along with bw...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Your second doc is correct. TSH is what determines if you have it or not, and you are right on the line of the normal range. You wouldn't normally treat it with meds in that range.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Moderate reaction with synthroid and test and var? What's the reaction?? Abs????

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
^^^BTw, I am not saying "don't take advantage of a situation", just giving the medical side of it.

M

My_Pitch28

May 15, 2013
So far i haven't noticed a difference, but then again its only been a few days... and i know i might need to 1.2-1.8 per kg, im about 85kg so thats 100-150 mgs... will i see some shredded abs and super definition on this stuff?

anybody have experience with it?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic