Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Deadlifted 3 plates!!!!

C

caveman

Apr 17, 2013
Do u use straps for that weight
When I started pulling 315, I couldn't get it without straps/hooks. Fast forward a couple years and 585 isn't a problem for my grip. Grip strength, at least for me, catches pulling strength very quickly. Heavy bent over rows, without straps, and lighting up your pulling to match your grip strength, then building back up to your current PR, should do it. Again, congrats!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
BB rows, Shrugs, pull downs and DB rows for accessory lift will also help your grip.

Since I ditched my straps about 18 months ago, my grip has exponentially improved.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
10 sec holds at the completion of each set when pulling will help improve the grip strength.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
When I started pulling 315, I couldn't get it without straps/hooks. Fast forward a couple years and 585 isn't a problem for my grip. Grip strength, at least for me, catches pulling strength very quickly. Heavy bent over rows, without straps, and lighting up your pulling to match your grip strength, then building back up to your current PR, should do it. Again, congrats!

Shit thats a lot of weight big lad. Thanks again for that

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
BB rows, Shrugs, pull downs and DB rows for accessory lift will also help your grip.

Since I ditched my straps about 18 months ago, my grip has exponentially improved.

Yeah do all them only used the straps for the big lift. Do you think I should bin them

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah do all them only used the straps for the big lift. Do you think I should bin them

That's up to you. Do you like to have bloody hands? Do you like your hands to be rough as if battery acid was poured on them? Do you like stronger grips and bigger forearms?

If yes, then yes lol.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
That's up to you. Do you like to have bloody hands? Do you like your hands to be rough as if battery acid was poured on them? Do you like stronger grips and bigger forearms?

If yes, then yes lol.

HAhahaha excellent, well I do use gloves but only cos I don't want my hands to look like I pull myself off every 20 minutes!!! Thanks for that I will consider the options very carefully!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic