jacobss
What's New?

Damn hips!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Diagnosis:

Went to the Ortho on Wed. He asked a bunch of question, did a lot of poking and prodding then took a few x-rays. As soon as he put up the one slide I said, "Well that's not supposed to look like that". Damn patella is notably out of alignment.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome is what he call it. Good news is, it's fixable without surgery. He gave the knee a cortisone shot in the joint, set me up for some PT and recommended some OTC stuff for joint health. He said the cartilage can regenerate slightly but it will take time.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Bro I feel your pain. I got 2 cortisone shots a year in the hips and a few in the sacrum, super tight IT, glutes and hams. This is pure anecdote, you may have a mechanical injury or bone spur or such. I did PT for a while years ago and started feeling better, of course I stopped and it got worse. Went back to PT and started feeling better again and they said you have to keep doing it, forever! I have a fusion of L5/S1 and horizontally fractured my sacrum training many moons ago and have SI probs but even those are minimal now.

I get up and spend 10 minutes every morning doing stretches and exercises for my hips, glutes, legs lower back and core. (Especially IT bands which are so tight they feel like bone. My pain level is now 70% -80% lower after years of doing my routine. Just look online I use youtube. I found some of the stuff the PT recommended did nothing so I ditched it. I found some on youtube that were awesome and still do those. Look online and pick 2 you like. Try them for 2-3 weeks. If you feel 10% better, keep them and add two more and so one. Drop ones you do not "feel" and you will have a nice regimen that may just help you a lot like me.

I have not had cortisone shot in 8-10 years, it is 100% due to work I am telling you about. It's free other than time and it may just improve your quality of life bro.
You and I have a lot in common! I had my SI shot up under imaging and that didn't do much. It was also not fun!

I spend 25 min a day 6 days a week stretching my back and legs. I have no idea what other stretches I can do but I hope the PT can help me. You have any luck with taking some joint supplements? The Dr. I just saw said it can help over the long haul. (He's also a DO)

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
You and I have a lot in common! I had my SI shot up under imaging and that didn't do much. It was also not fun!

I spend 25 min a day 6 days a week stretching my back and legs. I have no idea what other stretches I can do but I hope the PT can help me. You have any luck with taking some joint supplements? The Dr. I just saw said it can help over the long haul. (He's also a DO)
Yeah bro, I take all the regular joint supps. Stretching is the biggest part but strengthening the core and your hips is big too. Unfortunately, heavy squats and deads are done for me.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Update

I went to the Ortho yesterday and said the knee is almost 100% but the hips are still barking. I was thinking hip bursitis in both and he confirmed it. He didn't bother with any imaging because I had an MRI about 2 years ago. He said I do have some slight arthritis in both hipd but probably normal for my age and activity.

I didn't think he would shoot both up but he did. The shot wasn't too bad but once the lidocaine faded, I could feel it. He said that should help in about 2 days and get better over the next few week.

On another note: I am 2 weeks into GHK-Cu. I asked him about it and he said he knew nothing about it but would look into it. He commented that if nothing else, it can't hurt to try.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Well a good 2 weeks after my hips were shot up and I haven't done legs in that time. I feel better than I have in over 6 months. Back in the gym today; 4 sets of squats with 135x10. Joints felt fine so I'll ramp it up slowly.

This is the worst I have looked in a long time. Now was not the time to take some measurements but I did. And now I really feel like I pile of dog shit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic