Latest Member
bkstacksit
What's New?

Cryptocurrencies

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Sorry man. That is just silly. You do realize that as a publicly traded company they have to disclose ANY transactions with the SEC and those are PUBLIC record.

This is just typical garbage. I dont understand how anyone even gives it any credibility. Not calling anyone stupid, but I am not sure who does not understand that the corporate world has different set of rules and regulations they have to follow.

That has been my reason for stating the rally in 21 is very different than 17. With the tremendous instructional money flowing in, WE WILL KNOW if the big money player sell.

I follow the money, not the fake dumb news stories. I bought more BTC last week. Better than the option of holding cash right now in my opinion.

it seems like the article was stating that he was selling his own bitcoins not micro strategies.

The bitcoin craze is over and done with. it’s not going anywhere from here but down.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
Thank the feds. Over the summer all crypto was hitting all time highs. Once work got out that feds were going to taking a look at crypto the dips started.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Thank the feds. Over the summer all crypto was hitting all time highs. Once work got out that feds were going to taking a look at crypto the dips started.

the flip side to that is people will argue regulating bitcoin through the government is a good thing because it’ll set standards and more big institutionalize money will get involved then.

I don’t believe that’s the case though. I would never want to government to regulate bitcoin or anything for that matter. I don’t know why anyone would want more government regulations. that seems insane to me.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I dont agree at all. But we will see for sure. The market is being heavily manipulated by bot traders..etc. The big money wants to keep price down so accumulation can continue.

Follow the money (which is awesome with BTC). Most of the selling is short term holders. And more large holders are buying the dips.

No worries. If you feel that strongly you should use the opportunity of your knowledge to make money. Short BTC. Hey it is a sure thing right? ;)

Regulation will be good in the long term. Since I am a long term investor, the dips dont bug me.

If I am wrong...well then I was wrong. But I am not standing on the side and not acting on my beliefs. @Swiper if you are so passionate about btc being worthless and you are not backing your position, what is the point and why so interested? You can make a fortune in it's downfall and have the last laugh. FWIW, you sound like many of the billionaires a few years back. But now even they hold significant crypto positions. Even one of Warren Buffets recent business purchases is a bank heavily involved in crypto. (he probably wont publicly state it, but this is the direction things are going) Follow the money!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Mac, I hear what you're saying, and it resonates with me. However, my biggest concern with crypto is this: the very reason why I like it and why I think it's a potential game-changer is the reason why I think that the US gov't and the Chinese gov't NEED it to fail. Successful crypto takes away a key lever in their power structure (i.e., money supply, interest rates, etc.) My concern is that as the public confidence in gov't fiat money continues to decline (and it clearly is declining), the greater attention will be given to "regulate" it. And what I mean by regulating the crypto is taking away all the advantages that makes it attractive.

I agree that the block chain makes killing crypto technically rather difficult, but gov'ts can regulate the use of the crypto, thus making your ability to buy/sell using crypto much more difficult, and thus negatively affecting its value.

So, this is my weird way of saying that I think crypto is great. And for that very reason I think that the US and China are adamantly opposed to its success.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey Mac, I hear what you're saying, and it resonates with me. However, my biggest concern with crypto is this: the very reason why I like it and why I think it's a potential game-changer is the reason why I think that the US gov't and the Chinese gov't NEED it to fail. Successful crypto takes away a key lever in their power structure (i.e., money supply, interest rates, etc.) My concern is that as the public confidence in gov't fiat money continues to decline (and it clearly is declining), the greater attention will be given to "regulate" it. And what I mean by regulating the crypto is taking away all the advantages that makes it attractive.

I agree that the block chain makes killing crypto technically rather difficult, but gov'ts can regulate the use of the crypto, thus making your ability to buy/sell using crypto much more difficult, and thus negatively affecting its value.

So, this is my weird way of saying that I think crypto is great. And for that very reason I think that the US and China are adamantly opposed to its success.
Yes and no.... China already banned BTC. This was one of the BEST things that ever could have happened. Countries that ban it, will never prosper in the event of it's success (if it succeeds) The US and other govts will make billions in future tax revenue from new industry that grow around crypto.

Imagine banning the internet in the early 90s. The eventual losses that would come. I think there are enough people that see the possibility. The great thing is many with billions have politicians ear. People like Dorcey has said that BTC will be the biggest thing he has ever worked on in his life. That is a pretty strong statement.

Current SEC chair Gensler knows quite a bit about crypto. He actually taught a course on it. Regulation is not to be feared. PROPER reg will allow billions to flow into the space. Retirements, city, county and state funds, etc. Crypto is not the wild wild west anymore. It is not silk road. Never was really good for that anyway. Anyone who thought so did not understand the concept of a public ledger. Crypto is NOT a good way to conduct illegal activities. That is unless you are a person who is always going to stay underground. In that case, what good does all the crypto do you.

I see the upside outweighing the risks. For me this is the single largest opportunity I will have in my lifetime for generational wealth for my family. For me it is go big or go home. I am either paying off big, or will have a good story about all the stuff I could have bought ;)

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Yes and no.... China already banned BTC. This was one of the BEST things that ever could have happened. Countries that ban it, will never prosper in the event of it's success (if it succeeds) The US and other govts will make billions in future tax revenue from new industry that grow around crypto.

Imagine banning the internet in the early 90s. The eventual losses that would come. I think there are enough people that see the possibility. The great thing is many with billions have politicians ear. People like Dorcey has said that BTC will be the biggest thing he has ever worked on in his life. That is a pretty strong statement.

Current SEC chair Gensler knows quite a bit about crypto. He actually taught a course on it. Regulation is not to be feared. PROPER reg will allow billions to flow into the space. Retirements, city, county and state funds, etc. Crypto is not the wild wild west anymore. It is not silk road. Never was really good for that anyway. Anyone who thought so did not understand the concept of a public ledger. Crypto is NOT a good way to conduct illegal activities. That is unless you are a person who is always going to stay underground. In that case, what good does all the crypto do you.

I see the upside outweighing the risks. For me this is the single largest opportunity I will have in my lifetime for generational wealth for my family. For me it is go big or go home. I am either paying off big, or will have a good story about all the stuff I could have bought ;)

How is having less people available to buy bitcoin good for a bitcoin? I don’t understand that logic in regards to your China comment.

wouldn’t it be more beneficial for bitcoin to have more people to have access to bitcoin rather than countries banning bitcoin and having less people having access to it?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
How is having less people available to buy bitcoin good for a bitcoin? I don’t understand that logic in regards to your China comment.

wouldn’t it be more beneficial for bitcoin to have more people to have access to bitcoin rather than countries banning bitcoin and having less people having access to it?
Looking at a world stage. At one time China housed a significant portion of the BTC mining. (almost 30%) The important thing about BTC is decentralization. Now those miners have relocated. Many to the US and other free nations.

China, in case you have not noticed, is NOT a free country. They also manipulate their currency. Having their involvement (or over-involvement) in BTC is NOT a good thing. China wants absolute control of everything and every citizen. That is why it wants it's own crypto. So they did the free world a favor with banning BTC. They assured that the PRC would never be in a position to have an impact upon the largest de-centralized network in the world. At any time they could have seized these operations.

I am not sure why this needs explanation but there you go. Free world, vs totalitarian is the answer. China will never let their people have freedom, so no loss in potential use case. Only more stability for the network with the portion that resided in China now moved to free nations.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Looking at a world stage. At one time China housed a significant portion of the BTC mining. (almost 30%) The important thing about BTC is decentralization. Now those miners have relocated. Many to the US and other free nations.

China, in case you have not noticed, is NOT a free country. They also manipulate their currency. Having their involvement (or over-involvement) in BTC is NOT a good thing. China wants absolute control of everything and every citizen. That is why it wants it's own crypto. So they did the free world a favor with banning BTC. They assured that the PRC would never be in a position to have an impact upon the largest de-centralized network in the world. At any time they could have seized these operations.

I am not sure why this needs explanation but there you go. Free world, vs totalitarian is the answer. China will never let their people have freedom, so no loss in potential use case. Only more stability for the network with the portion that resided in China now moved to free nations.

You’re not sure why it had to be explained? what kind of comment is that?

your explanation does nothing to convince me otherwise.

to say having over 1.4 billion people not having access to bitcoin is a good thing seems pretty crazy. I guess if you’re holding bitcoin it’s in your best interest to make it go up by saying such nonsense so people continue to buy in. I get it but it makes you look kind of foolish saying this nonsense.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You’re not sure why it had to be explained? what kind of comment is that?

your explanation does nothing to convince me otherwise.

to say having over 1.4 billion people not having access to bitcoin is a good thing seems pretty crazy. I guess if you’re holding bitcoin it’s in your best interest to make it go up by saying such nonsense so people continue to buy in. I get it but it makes you look kind of foolish saying this nonsense.

Srs? In what reality to you think China would ever let it's 1.4 bil people own any free-market item? No loss there.

The big upside is the cheap energy the miners were getting was attracting too much concentration of the network. China banned that, so all upside (mining network moved out to totalitarian controlled country) and no real down side (the avg Chinese citizen would never be able to partake in the free maket btc trade). 1.4 billion people that would never have been part of it regardless.

That said, big chineese money I am sure can still buy sell and trade all the btc they want I am sure.

Not sure I follow your logic. In case you did not know, China is pretty much fully locked down to the avg citizen. They have almost no personal freedom. Many are not even afforded basic human rights. China controls it's internet. I am sure if BTC grew too large, it would just have been confiscated by the PRC anyway.

Again, I can not even see a small function of logic in your argument.....Enlighten me.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Big news today. Fidelity is offering BTC to 401k investors. Trillions under mgt. VERY nice. This opens a HUGE market here in the US. Fist to get it will be their own 23000 employees. Micro Strategy is partnering with them

Slow and steady movement of money into this space. Good thing. Small dips weekly/monthly...no big deal. When in doubt, zoom out. Show me another asset class that has performed like BTC for the last 10,7,5, or even 3 years...

But ooh now. The loss of all the Chineese and their 401k investments ;). Obviously a joke to illustrate how China is no big loss. To give you an idea of scale of investments.

Not a lot of personal investment going on with all those people and all still fall under govt control which will take assets as they please.

NYSE 30tril
Nasdaq another 10 Tril

Shanghai Stock Market 4.7 tril

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Srs? In what reality to you think China would ever let it's 1.4 bil people own any free-market item? No loss there.

The big upside is the cheap energy the miners were getting was attracting too much concentration of the network. China banned that, so all upside (mining network moved out to totalitarian controlled country) and no real down side (the avg Chinese citizen would never be able to partake in the free maket btc trade). 1.4 billion people that would never have been part of it regardless.

That said, big chineese money I am sure can still buy sell and trade all the btc they want I am sure.

Not sure I follow your logic. In case you did not know, China is pretty much fully locked down to the avg citizen. They have almost no personal freedom. Many are not even afforded basic human rights. China controls it's internet. I am sure if BTC grew too large, it would just have been confiscated by the PRC anyway.

Again, I can not even see a small function of logic in your argument.....Enlighten me.

my logic is pretty basic and easy to understand. it’s unfortunate you don’t understand it. not sure how there’s any other way I could explain it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic