Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cimmerian Training

Cimmerian

Cimmerian

Mar 6, 2024
Brief bio - Former military guy who lifted heavy for years, took a break to do other fitness stuff, and is back to the barbell in his 40s with the hopes of doing a master's Olympic weightlifting contest in the future someday. Weights are all in pounds, not kilos. I currently weigh ~195 pounds. Started back to the gym in March 2024.

Main approach is 3 times a week, rotating the Olympic lifts so I hit each three times over two weeks. Squat twice a week. Alternate some pushes and pulls depending on the day. I do incline treadmill walking after every strength session, hit pull-ups in the evening, and do some cardio on my off days (usually steady state but occasionally intervals or HIIT). I have 45-60 minutes tops most days as I hit the gym before work and can only go three times a week as my wife goes on the days I don't go.

4/1/24 - Clean and jerk, worked up to 140# for a few singles. Pendlay rows, 3x5 @ 140#. Back squat, 3x5 @ 185# (~70%).

4/3/24 - Snatch, worked up to 95# for a double. All I had time for today so no bench or squat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic