Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

calve exercises for home

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
You need second opinion . Most post back surgery recommend walking as main source as the upright posture builds stonger spine just by standing upright . I can tell you that first hand from major spine surgey 16 years ago and today I have no limits . Heavy deads. Hypers all part if building strong spine . All standing exercise contributes to the building of calcium in the bones

Gota keep it low impact. I bike my ass of in the nicer months. Squat, deads ohp no problem and no restrictions just not suppose to do "impact" exercises like running and jumping. All my numbers past where I was pre op except bench. I'm within 10lbs there. Been doing raises with db's but nothing compares to the machines at the gym

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm a home trainer myself and I don't do anything special or direct for calfs. It's my one genetic gift. Then again, not a Bb'er so I don't really care. I do tend to get cramps in my calfs at night so maybe it's part of the problem. I noticed that my calfs blew up when I did the treadmill/weight vest thing I mentioned above.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm a home trainer myself and I don't do anything special or direct for calfs. It's my one genetic gift. Then again, not a Bb'er so I don't really care. I do tend to get cramps in my calfs at night so maybe it's part of the problem. I noticed that my calfs blew up when I did the treadmill/weight vest thing I mentioned above.

Lucky bastard, they are my genetic flaw! I appreciate the help. I'll give the single leg calve raises on stairs a go for a bit. I just can't risk the weight vest and treadmill, my back is screaming just from reading it again

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
If you are walking at a moderate pace, the impact is minimal.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
If you are walking at a moderate pace, the impact is minimal.

It thought you were referring to jogging as CJC mentioned. No treadmill but I do live on top of a pretty good hill, I'll throw some weights in my backpack and take a walk today. Will report back later. Thanks for the input brother!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Lucky bastard, they are my genetic flaw! I appreciate the help. I'll give the single leg calve raises on stairs a go for a bit. I just can't risk the weight vest and treadmill, my back is screaming just from reading it again

Your back needs work . Impact is what prevents like osteoporosis . Seek a sports medicine Orthopeadic and get heavy duty rehab. Your back will only degenerate more rapidly going the way you say. I emphasize a sports medicine Orthopeadic cuz typical therapy will not address the needs of an athlete. . Have proper diagnosis and NOT by chiropractor . Orthopeadic physician

Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Threw a 25# plate in a backpack after work yesterday and took my dog for a 1mile walk. I was honestly surprised how much of a difference 25# makes!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic