Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Business/Franchise Ownership??

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
A franchise is a good path to follow if your willing to follow their policies and procedures. You do have the expense of a royalty but there are perks. National name recognition and a proven business model to follow. A network of professionals with industry experience to help you and your company grow.

The UPS store could be a money maker if you have the operating capitol. They will finance a portion of it but you have to have the cash to stay open until you start collecting some customers and cash flow. During the campaign seasons some of the franchisees do very well. Think about all those signs/banners that get printed and left behind. Plus the mailboxes, shipping and other printing work that they offer brings more customers through the door. Increasing the chance of success.

I don't like partnerships though. I think having sole ownership is the way to go. You will have enough opinions and procedures to deal with and follow as a franchisee.

FLBB89

FLBB89

MuscleHead
May 27, 2013
I bought into a franchise a few years ago, shortly afterwards I realized I could have done it myself much cheaper. Why not look at the franchises/business you like then just research it and set up your own.

This experience will have great volatility dependent on the franchisor. There are a lot of useless franchises with no name recognition that you may as well be burning your ~6 percent gross royalty payments.

That said, if you want to run a burger place, you would be better served owning a McDonalds, despite the 10 percent gross royalties. Of course, you need 1.5 mil net worth and 1 mil liquid to get in on that.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Depending on how you go rider, especially if it's a big corp franchise have your wife be the majority holder or signee. Women owned \ minority entrance is much easier. You have to get through some govt paperwork but it's fairly easy. If you hav eno biz experience you'l lneed to find a way to beef up your resume. But there is financing and special consideration given to women owned enterprises esp.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic