Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Broke a blood vessel on my foot doing dips

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yesterday while doing parallel bar dips, both my legs felt like they tighten up like a balloon. I went into the down position, I got a strange tingling in both legs. Upon pushing up to the upright position I got a hot sharp pain in the bottom of my right foot. The sensation in my legs and that pain reminded me of the blood clot a had prior to being diagnosed with cancer. But not quite the same.
All that evening my legs felt tight like I did a heavy leg workout. This morning while in the shower, washing my feet I noticed this Black-ish blue bruise in the middle palm of foot. It's slightly tender but I can walk with out much pain. it looks like I broke a blood vessel in the foot.

I do not have high blood pressure,.in fact I was at a pulmonary rehab appointment Thursday and my BP was 110/78.
I did take 10 mg of anavar before my workout, a brand I have not used before. The only meds I am on is TRT. No other drugs, AAS, etc. This was the first time taking the var . I am not blaming the var, just trying to notate everything.
What hell was this leg thing and blood vessel breaking? I have not ever had this happen prior.
Thanks all for any insight.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Way too soon in realistic terms...but some of the worst DVTs (Deep Vein blood clots) that I've seen in younger men were from cycles of Anavar. Back when the IP 50s were everywhere dudes where "clotting" like flies. Chew up 20mg of Dbol preworkout instead. D-Bol is a better actual CNS stimulant (feel good drug) than Var in my experience.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Way too soon in realistic terms...but some of the worst DVTs (Deep Vein blood clots) that I've seen in younger men were from cycles of Anavar. Back when the IP 50s were everywhere dudes where "clotting" like flies. Chew up 20mg of Dbol preworkout instead. D-Bol is a better actual CNS stimulant (feel good drug) than Var in my experience.
Thank you for the quick response Mike.
I have not ever heard of anavar causing DVTs. Maybe I should take eliquis for the next few days.
I was just testing out the var since I have not used this brand before. If anavar is causing DVTs pre-work out, is there a safe time to take it? I have never had this issue before. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Not pre-workout, actually but more regular use. I just suggested the Dbol as an alternative as I thought you were using the Var as a pre-workout.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Damn heady, that sounds painful. You gonna get it checked out this week? How do they detect a bloodclot?

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Damn heady, that sounds painful. You gonna get it checked out this week? How do they detect a bloodclot?
It was but more strange than anything. My body has been off since the treatments and surgeries but this is bizarro shit.
As Mike said below Ultrasound and there is a blood test that detects clots but I cannot recall the type.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I am being sent for a blood test to see if I have blood clots. I will go on Friday.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
It was but more strange than anything. My body has been off since the treatments and surgeries but this is bizarro shit.
As Mike said below Ultrasound and there is a blood test that detects clots but I cannot recall the type.
You may be thinking of the "D-dimer" test, which measures the level of a protein that is associated with clots. Like everything else, it ain't perfect* but it's worth adding to imaging techniques when thinking about DVT, etc.

* imperfect in that elevated levels of that protein can be caused by other things, including liver disease.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I wouldn't wait until Fri. If it is a clot and there is a 'flag' at the end of the clot and it releases your dead! OR, it by passes your lungs, heart, and gets into your brain you could end up in a wheel chair as a vegetable. Blood clots are nothing to be messing with.
During the war in Iraq, can't remember his name, a big time reporter rode in a tank for a day, got out with a blood clot and died later that day. There was no indication he had one. They found it during the autopsy.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
You may be thinking of the "D-dimer" test, which measures the level of a protein that is associated with clots. Like everything else, it ain't perfect* but it's worth adding to imaging techniques when thinking about DVT, etc.

* imperfect in that elevated levels of that protein can be caused by other things, including liver disease.
I believe that is what my primary said: D-Dimer. He said he may follow up with an ultrasound.
Thank you for this

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I wouldn't wait until Fri. If it is a clot and there is a 'flag' at the end of the clot and it releases your dead! OR, it by passes your lungs, heart, and gets into your brain you could end up in a wheel chair as a vegetable. Blood clots are nothing to be messing with.
During the war in Iraq, can't remember his name, a big time reporter rode in a tank for a day, got out with a blood clot and died later that day. There was no indication he had one. They found it during the autopsy.
I remember his name ... David Bloom, not (yet) the top dawg @ NBC News, but clearly an up+comer. His death was described at the time as being due to being squeezed too tightly in the tank hatch for too long during what woulda been a bumpy ride.

Good looking guy, picture of health ... 39yo when it happened.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic