Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Break fast

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Trying some new meal placement for optimal lean mass growth. Been on the tube a good amount learning about intermittent fasting for my beastie who I coach. She's a tough nut to crack so I'm trying a new approach with her weight loss journey. In addition I'm applying a few principles to my own diet aswell.
Primarily being, not combining high fat and high carbs. Which I typically don't do in excess unless it's a cheat meal.
Except for breakfast, a meal where I had got into the habit of combining high carb and high fat. So my new breakfast as you see looks interesting lol the seaweed sheets are for iodine which is apparently super important for females when breaking fast.
I don't intermittent fast but breakfast is still breaking a fast so I adopted a few tips and I'm trying it. I didn't consume carbs at breakfast for probably a good year but I always had bacon as my fat source except on prep i dropped the bacon for 3months. I love bacon so much! Then I added in 35-60carbs to the mix about a month ago. Just feel like that's not the best combo for my health and goals lol
What's your thoughts on breakfast and the insulin response to carbs first thing?

Attachments

• 20230827_082330.jpg
    20230827_082330.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 47
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
What is that? Seaweed, avocado and egg? That can’t be good? Is it? Lol

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Seaweed sheets are delicious. Problem is unless you have self-control (I do not), it is hard to just eat a few of them. Far easier to just eat the entire stack at once.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I'm not sure I could eat that, lol. Not the biggest seafood eater though. I'd probably just add some iodized salt to my meals for the extra iodine before i'd eat the seaweed. BUT, if it tastes good to you, then it is a moot point.

I've never been one to separate my macros like that....except if I were to use exogenous insulin, then I would probably not have a lot of fat with it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I always do cardio then eat my breakfast about an hour before hitting the gym.

Training days it is 60 g oats, a scoop of Mutant Pro or Iso Surge, 100-125 g banana, 5 g cocoa and 125 g of liquid egg whites. Blend it up and make some pancakes. Use Walden Farms or whatever zero sugar syrup you like. Depending on the protein and size of the banana it comes out to around 45 g pro/75 g carbs/4 g fat. Then I have another 25 grams of carbs during my workout (Field Rations by 1st Detachment). Of course, I am taking insulin with the pancakes. It is a rapid that covers 5-6 hours, so I have another 50 grams of carbs post workout.

Non training days I just eat 6 eggs or 8-10 ounces of chicken for breakfast.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Okay, I can eat the egg, Avocado, broccoli, mushrooms for breakfast, but you lost me at seaweed.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I do fasted cardio every other morning.
Being in the Army for two decades, we always would do our runs and other PT prior to breakfast for optimal fat loss.
I will go out on challenging hike or mountain biking for about 90 mins on an empty stomach early in the morning and it’s great for staying cut.
I’m mid 50’s and lean as ever just by doing fasted cardio 3-4X/wk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic