Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Bench strength challenges

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
I think your ok... gains are not made instantly... what you need to do is get your form down and get a good partner... if you have never worked out before...ever... then this will take some time... could you be lifting more right now with the proper help? YES... now that you are here to get the proper help lets get your form right and then get your weight up...

Good advice mate thanks

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Weak off the chest means weak pecs, shoulders, and lats. Do illegally wide bench press, incline press, standing overhead press, and row your ass off.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Sounds as if he is just a beginner. No real need in dissecting a lift a this stage. I would suggest consistent training, eat and train some more. I would also focus on nice heavy compounds instead of isolation lifts. Just my 2 cents.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Weak off the chest means weak pecs, shoulders, and lats. Do illegally wide bench press, incline press, standing overhead press, and row your ass off.

Thanks mate. Noted

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Sounds as if he is just a beginner. No real need in dissecting a lift a this stage. I would suggest consistent training, eat and train some more. I would also focus on nice heavy compounds instead of isolation lifts. Just my 2 cents.

You're right mate I've only been training a year or so. The majority of my lifts are compounds tbh. Thanks for your 2 cents!

C

caveman

Apr 17, 2013
Jacko0510, listen to the advice above. Don't overthink your lifting. Like you, I am a tall (6'3-6'4), thin lifter. I also train with guys built just like us. The key to growth for you and I is time. Pick the lifts you like, a scheme that you enjoy, and go to the gym. Do it again tomorrow or the next day. Eat more than you are eating now. Do that again tomorrow. You'll grow, it just takes time.

I saw in another post where you commented on a big squat. You said you wished you could do half that much. If you squat once or twice a week and eat enough, I'm confident you can be there in a couple short months.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Note; although not a tall and thin lifter I am 6'2 and have had some challenges in training as well.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Jacko0510, listen to the advice above. Don't overthink your lifting. Like you, I am a tall (6'3-6'4), thin lifter. I also train with guys built just like us. The key to growth for you and I is time. Pick the lifts you like, a scheme that you enjoy, and go to the gym. Do it again tomorrow or the next day. Eat more than you are eating now. Do that again tomorrow. You'll grow, it just takes time.

I saw in another post where you commented on a big squat. You said you wished you could do half that much. If you squat once or twice a week and eat enough, I'm confident you can be there in a couple short months.

Thanks mate. It's small bits of motivation like this that really helps

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic