jacobss

Belts

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
You cheapskate Wally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know me! I just can’t justify $300 for a belt. I mean how much can it really help. Maybe if I had jawbreaker money I would but I’m not independently wealthy yet. Lol

Stanly Stud

Stanly Stud

Sep 7, 2022
Never use a belt..hate them. I'm not saying they're useless if doing a humungous squat because they'll definitely give Support but I don't think I'm in any danger with my training weights.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Never use a belt..hate them. I'm not saying they're useless if doing a humungous squat because they'll definitely give Support but I don't think I'm in any danger with my training weights.
The belt doesnt give you the support people think it does. Its NOT a back brace to keep the back straight.

The belt is used to give your abs something to push against when you are bracing. Its a must when you are lifting heavy. Shit it even helps get toght and brace on bench.

Use on the heavy singles and triples and go beltless on the lighter accessories to help keep working on core.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
You know me! I just can’t justify $300 for a belt. I mean how much can it really help. Maybe if I had jawbreaker money I would but I’m not independently wealthy yet. Lol

If I had your money I’d burn mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
The belt doesnt give you the support people think it does. Its NOT a back brace to keep the back straight.

The belt is used to give your abs something to push against when you are bracing. Its a must when you are lifting heavy. Shit it even helps get toght and brace on bench.

Use on the heavy singles and triples and go beltless on the lighter accessories to help keep working on core.
Well said!

The belt style I use is soft and I like the way it hugs my body. Those stiff belts seem to gap on me, I don't have a PL belly.

One thing I did find a use for with a soft belt was with a tweaked oblique muscle. (Shout out to DYS on this one) I road the soft belt up high over the injury and was able to still make the meet with a good pull.

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Been using a Cardillo since '97. Actually 2 of them... got to fat for the older one lol Probably the best made item i've ever purchased!

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
When I first started working out, i used to use a belt because I saw my elder uncles and brothers who were competing at the time I started working out. When I started going to gym consistently from the time I was 19-23, I would use belts. By the time I graduated from college, I recall not using the belt as often. I just found it too constricting, so I haven't used a belt in over 25 years.

S

Slabiathan

Sep 15, 2022
Don't mean to bump but it's at the top of the list!

What are the measurements on that belt? I have a 4 inch belt and I am looking at thinner belts like 3 or so.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Don't mean to bump but it's at the top of the list!

What are the measurements on that belt? I have a single hole 4 inch belt and I am looking at thinner belts like 3 or so.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
Mine is a 4" tapered leather belt

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I had an Inzer forever, but lost it in a PCS move. Some damn moving guy is probably wearing it like a back brace for moving furniture. I ended up buying an Iron Bull off of Amazon for 1/3 the price I paid for the Inzer 20 years ago. It works and feels exactly the same.

S

Slabiathan

Sep 15, 2022
I had an Inzer forever, but lost it in a PCS move. Some damn moving guy is probably wearing it like a back brace for moving furniture. I ended up buying an Iron Bull off of Amazon for 1/3 the price I paid for the Inzer 20 years ago. It works and feels exactly the same.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as I'm shopping around!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic