jacobss
What's New?

Been eating this at night before bed

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You know those old school chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies that church people would make back in the 80's? Like these:

I don't make those, but I came up with a concoction out of nowhere that tastes just like these.

I mix in a container:

-170g of FF plain Greek Yogurt (fatty version would work too). I use cheap Great Value from Walmart.
-1-1.5 teas of cocoa. I don't measure, but around this much.
-2 packets of Splenda, or about 1/4 teas of stevia
-16g of peanut powder (GV again).
-A 1/2c of oats that have been powderized in my nutri-bullet blender.

Mix all that to a small degree, it will be thick and dry. Just a few strokes of folding it together.

Then add 2-4oz of water and mix it all together better.

Then add some sugar free chocolate syrup on top and refrigerate until nighttime.

I would ideally use 340g of yogurt, but i had to cut back as my food bill was killing me, lol. Adjust as needed.

I have it with 70-140g of frozen blueberries (separate...I don't mix them).

I'm good all through the day, but my food cravings at night have been off the wall, and i'd eat and then eat other things, lol. Adding the powdered oats helps it be more filling. I take some fish oil with it as well.

I'll take my Melatonin about 30+ minutes prior, and then when I start feeling like I am gonna crash, I just go eat the above. It's super thick (well, depending on how much water you add to it), and it tastes like them old school cookies my mom used to make when I was a kid:)

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I normally do not eat right before bed but that recipe looks tasty. I get reflux if I eat right before bed. Hey if it works for you.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Semaglutide seems to really help me with night cravings. Not sure why they happen for me. Stress, anxiety, hormone, caloric deficit? But if I had those on hand, I would eat every single one. I purposely keep a boring pantry and fridge... but if the mood hits hard, I'll end up gorging on apples and some kind of nut butter. I guess as far as binges go, not terrible, but still interrupts my intent to lose weight.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have been having that ice cream recipe Frigg sent us before I go to bed. It is not even a cheat meal. Mine comes out like a Wendy's Frosty.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Those look tasty, even better for snack during the day at work.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Those look tasty, even better for snack during the day at work.
So ... first I usually go to "Latest Posts" and see BMJ's thread title. Then I see this and wonder what it really is we're talking about?

Visions of sugar plums dance in my (little) head ......

:p

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This is what I had before bed last night...

Recipe -

Jump in your ride.

Run to the store.

Buy ice cream.

Eat before bed.

IMG20221222114026.jpg

I just can't figure out where my abs are going :rolleyes:

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I'll try to take a picture to throw up tonight, and maybe it will give it a little more perspective. I swear bodybuilders/lifters will invent anything if it can be eaten and stay healthy, lol.

@jipped genes I only get heartburn and reflux if i've been eating a huge amount of food all day, and then down something before bed. I'm more hypocaloric right now, so i'm hungry most of the time, and the feedings are small.....unless I add a shit ton of veges/greens, which I should do.......BUT DON'T! :D

@beefnewton we could be twins! The last meal of the night is always the toughest for me with cravings, or the few hours prior to bed at least:( I can get it down good if i'm consistent, but right now during the holidays i'm aiming more for 'mostly compliant' so that if I have something unhealthy, then i'm at least 'hanging in there.' Heh heh heh! If there is some sort of cheesecake, cake, ice cream, etc staring at me, then i'll be a big fat non-compliance:D Just have to get past the New Year, and it should be a little easier. I'm not stressed, but I also need to be able to comfortably fit back into certain clothes if I get this job i'm applying for:) Semaglutide, if prices ever drop, will be fun to try out down the road at some point, or at least whichever GLP-1 is available and good at the time I finally delve into their use:cool:

@genetic freak Heck yea man, I want to try that out too. It's super simple. I am straight out of protein powder right now though, so once I get some back in, it's at the top of my list. I usually will add protein to my Greek yogurt at night, but it's been about a month since i ran out....hence the concoction I came up with for the thread, lol. Are you still adding in peanut protein? Stuff is so dang good!

@HDH Is that Great Value chocolate ice cream? Best deal for ice cream out there!!! It's cheaper than making your own homemade ice cream too. Yea, I love me some ice cream. I don't buy it because it will only last a night or two, LOL!!! We'll get some for the kids, but I end up eating it all:D

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
No more peanut protein, just been using whey. No reason other than I just like the taste better. I also add a scoop of protein to Greek yogurt. If you are out of protein, but wanted to get a little more out of your Greek yogurt snack you could add some Kashi Go Lean cereal. I do two of the little Great Value Light or Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurts and 3/4 cup of peanut butter crunch cereal. It adds another 10 grams of protein and 200 calories. Really filling too, compared to just adding a scoop of protein.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
@HDH Is that Great Value chocolate ice cream? Best deal for ice cream out there!!! It's cheaper than making your own homemade ice cream too. Yea, I love me some ice cream. I don't buy it because it will only last a night or two, LOL!!! We'll get some for the kids, but I end up eating it all:D

It actually is the great value. Man a lot of their shit is half the price of name brand stuff.

If you have time check out the prices on most of their brand.

Worries me that they are selling their brand so cheap. It will put places out of business.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal... 3 of my favorite things in one cookie? I'm in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic