Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Be careful with ibuprofen

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
I find doing the rosary daily helps with the pain....

Sometimes I pray to saint thomas-leo... patron saint of pain healing

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I like Aleve for pain...Works well for back pain. Seems to find the spot every time.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I think naproxen is just as taxing for the kidneys as ibuprofen. Moderation people.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
I read a study that was on this fourm regarding NSAIDS & deterioration of articualr cartilage. I've been on Voltaren for 4 years straight. I stopped cold turkey. The first 2 weeks were not easy. I was in pain! Now I"m on week 3 and starting to feel good again. Never again will I just take a pill as prescribed. I always ask why am I taking this pill and I do have chronic knee pain, but pain and inflamation is a part of the healing process. I will use my Volaren for flair ups, but not as a daily med anymore. Point here is like monsoon said, moderation people! :D

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
The last 4 years I used a lot of NSAID's -I beggin with soft paracetamol,later ibuprofen,naproxen,diclofenac,ketoprofen,nimesulide and even stronger for exemp.meloxicam,celebrex
What is very importent with this stuff-protection of the stomach and intensine
They work relatively good but does't solve the problem
For protection I used omeprazole 1 x ed 20mg
Problem is because they working for a certine time-body acclimated quickly,and you need to increase the dose or change medicine.
IMHO they are not so bad as people think,of coures they have side effects,but everyone must find the balance between dose and side effects
If you don't have really need them-don't do this

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
The OP needs to see a doctor rather than just Internet diagnose himself via speculation of symptoms he believes he has.

not doing the right thing now could have some very serious health implications for the future.

go see a doc....the bury your head in the sand approach isn't the best thing to do here.

M

muddog69

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
ibuprofen is very bad for the kidneys.....really bad especially if you're on gear.

Bigbird138

Bigbird138

Nov 21, 2014
Ibuprofen is an antiinflamatory. This is absolutely counterintuitive to building muscle. When we work our muscles that become inflamed and this is part of the growth process. Taking antiinflamatories is gonna deminish gains as well as damage kidneys. Stay away unless its just that bad.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Taking Ibuprofen or any NSAID's for that matter for DOMS??? That comes with the territory, I can see maybe for an injury or age related pain such as arthritis or something like that but DOMS. I use a portable electric stim machine along with some light stretching when DOMS is really bad. Much better for you and a hell of a lot easier on your kidneys.

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
Please go to the doctor immediately and have your creatinine and sgpt levels check. Ibuprofen is nephrotoxic.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
i take ibprofen pretty much daily and i can tell you i seriously think it is effecting my liver! I take it for everything, shoulder pain, head aches, toothe aches....absoluslty everything.

thank for the post!

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
ibuprofen shouldn't affect the liver

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic