Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

alchohol and immunity

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Wait a second here. your telling me that when you drink you get sick and catch even a respiratory "VIRUS"? maybe your not as healthy as you think then my friend or your drinking contaminated liquor....

I like to drink and every so often I get a hangover. Is this what you're talking about?

Slic.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm allergic to alcohol... Every time I drink I break out in cuffs.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Wait a second here. your telling me that when you drink you get sick and catch even a respiratory "VIRUS"? maybe your not as healthy as you think then my friend or your drinking contaminated liquor....

Yeah i'm more likely to catch a cold if I've been drinking all week end. not something I do much of these days. Yes virus.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Binge drinking is not normal drinking.

Alcohol has beneficial effects.

The besides, the main thing that controls longevity (hence the arguments of avoidance/acceptance of certain foods, drinks, activities) is genetics.

Jack Lalanne versus supercentenarians. Jack Lalanne, an example of staying fit for your whole life, couldn't even become a centenarian, much less a supercentenarian.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Im just blown away here, I never knew there were animals that binge drink.........

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
The better shape I get in; the worse the hangover and the prettier the stranger I wake up next to.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Well isn't that silly, alcohol = compromised immune system = sickness when everyone knows you catch a cold/pneumonia by not wearing a hat!

(jst playin witcha) Will be sure to gravitate to the roast beast/asparagus rollups during cocktail hr tho. I like the other study you mentioned w/ a whole different animal, post-m wmn w/ heart disease extending their life....

Last edited:
jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I don't think you get 'viruses' from drinking. However, if you can't fight them b/c you're repairing the damage that you did while drinking, then basically you've caused a temporary 'immuno-compromised' situation. And well we all know NO immune system = you're screwed and who knows what you're in store for!!

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I drink. I dont think its a lot but maybe more thean others here. I also never get sick...ever. I have not had a head cold in a number of years and the last time I got the flu or a stomach virus I was 9. If you dont drink thats cool with me becuase I think living in the US you have that freedom and I respect you for that.

I would never trust a study that came from Dole or any other industry because they pay "researchers" to find things in thier favor. How does the old saying go "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic