Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Abdominal Implants have no place in bodybuilding

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I disagree bodybuilding is dictionary defined as "Developing of the physique through exercise and diet, often for competitive exhibition. Bodybuilding aims at displaying pronounced muscle tone and exaggerated muscle mass and definition for overall aesthetic effect."

Breast implants have nothing to do with bodybuilding however they do lend to fitness and figure. The title of the thread is "Abdominal Implants have no place in bodybuilding"

I think that particular definition of bodybuilding is both lacking and outdated. If we are taking that definition literally, it makes no mention of drugs. I'm not putting drugs in the same class as implants, I'm just illustrating that bodybuilding is more than diet and exercise. A more modern definition of bodybuilding would be a type of body modification where a more aesthetic physique is the goal. Citing breast implants was just to draw a parallel.

Maybe we might see a "non-surgical" class or competition not unlike "drug-tested" events. It may never get that far but the sport is evolving. We can only imagine where technology is going to bring us in the muscle game.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
What if there were a way to surgically implant pig muscle and have it look and function as your own without rejection? It would be real muscle that you would need to maintain. Should that get banned?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Like mentioned above, where should the line be drawn and why?

Why is it ok to use AAS,HGH, peptides, slin etc. to get an advantage, but not implants? Why is one ok and not the other.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I think all implants have their place, and certain uncontrollable factors could make this a less awful thing. I am coming from a position myself where I am largely unable to develop "abs" due to excessive scarring to my belly button and sever separation beneath it. I however have seen a surgeon to correct the problem because I don't want my weak core to harm me in the future, and not for aesthetics. But just like breast implants , if you are physically unable to balance your body or find happiness with it, then do whatever makes you happy. It is obvious when they get on stage that they inparticular took a shortcut and they will place accordingly. I think the more you ban in the "competitive bodybuilding or fitness sports" the more it will deter people

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Honestly, they loom ridiculous, but should they be banned? Nah. Let them do It and look ridiculous, they obviously aren't going to win any shows looking like they have 6 water balloons in their stomach. No worse than the ones who ABUSE, not use, but abuse SEO and look ignorant because of it. They aren't going to win a show but if they want to look ridiculous on stage then whatever lol. Gives us something to laugh at anyway

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I keep seeing this around facebook.....

I LOVE these! I can understand how some competitors can turn to calf implants if they are really that hard up. I understand how competitors might use synthol to even out body parts.

But any idiot can build abs. Also, even shi tty abs look better than these.

Don't ban them.

LAUGH AT THEM!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Like mentioned above, where should the line be drawn and why?

Why is it ok to use AAS,HGH, peptides, slin etc. to get an advantage, but not implants? Why is one ok and not the other.

This is just my opinion but performance enhancers should be allowed b/c they allow the person to train harder and recover quicker but they still have to put in the work. When you get something put in your body (an implant) there is no work needed to maintain it.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Oh come on now Mogz, even brain implants :)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
No, should not be prohibited... It's a subjective sport. It's not about how hard you work, it's about how you look. These folks look terrible (sorry whoever you are) and the judges, i bet, scored them appropriately. Besides, I bet none of you have a problem with breast implants when done within reason.

Oh but there is a huge difference in that comparison, because breast implants are NOT being used as replacement for MUSCLE!

I agree Mugz any surgically inserted device or substance which is designed to enhance, exaggerate, promote the appearance of, or as a substitute for muscle, including Synthol, should be banned.

But then again I suppose we could have THREE forms of BB competition; real natural, natural, and bionic natural :)

Respects
Jim

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Unvbelievable.

That is both ridiculous and disgraceful ~ should be worthy of a lifetime ban from the sport IMHO.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I tend to agree, they look terrible for the most part and even more so if the rest of their physique is amazing.

Tony Pearson comes to mind as a good example, although I am fairly certain that I also remember reading that both Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler got calf implants as well.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I hope they kept their receipts because they look like shit! That ass clown guy has a horrible physique and even Helen Keller can tell those look fake as it gets!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic