Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

24 years old , 5 wrist surgeries, failed fusion, no success. Any help appreciated

R

Rmayo21

Apr 27, 2023
Hello everyone , I went though a wrist injury 5 years ago that led to a surgery. That surgery led to another , and now 5 surgeries later I’m worse then when I started. My scaphoid bone was removed , and my lunate/capate underwent a partial fusion that has been unsuccessful. The fusion site is experiencing a non union, and the only option I’m being given is another surgery. Lifting weights is completely off the table for me and I’m forced to work around it. I’ve decided I’m not longer letting orthopedic surgeons work on me anymore. I’ve been looking into certain supplements/peptides/horomes that could help my bone heal and get me moving foward from this. Any help at all is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• E21C8947-E49D-4F63-8F31-29175D9C2199.png
    E21C8947-E49D-4F63-8F31-29175D9C2199.png
    359.5 KB · Views: 67
HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Hello everyone , I went though a wrist injury 5 years ago that led to a surgery. That surgery led to another , and now 5 surgeries later I’m worse then when I started. My scaphoid bone was removed , and my lunate/capate underwent a partial fusion that has been unsuccessful. The fusion site is experiencing a non union, and the only option I’m being given is another surgery. Lifting weights is completely off the table for me and I’m forced to work around it. I’ve decided I’m not longer letting orthopedic surgeons work on me anymore. I’ve been looking into certain supplements/peptides/horomes that could help my bone heal and get me moving foward from this. Any help at all is greatly appreciated
That's got to be a tough situation to be in, but you're not alone. I had a pretty severe lower back injury that kept me from training my legs for almost a decade. Every time I would try, even light squats, lunges, or even machine leg extensions, it would irritate the injury and prolong recovery. I finally just accepted that I could develop my upper body, embrace the endless chicken-leg comments, and still enjoy training.

The advice I would give is to take care of yourself, first and foremost. Let your wrist heal properly and do what you can with the rest of your body. Be completely prepared for it to take a decade or more, and even then, the possibility of never having full usage again.

Get creative in finding ways to develop your chest, legs, shoulders, and back without using your hands. I've seen folks use straps at their elbow joints to do machine presses and flys. You can develop your lats and rear delts with creative strap use, too. Arm work will prove difficult, if not impossible, and should probably just be avoided all together. But that's ok! Find a training partner that is willing and able to help you through this, and you may very well continue to find a lot of enjoyment in bodybuilding and strength training.

Good luck!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Cissus Quadrangularis for healing bone.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
i-Factor and P-15. It is approved for use in spinal fusion (cervical and lumbar) and was used in my lower back fusion, I wonder if it could be used for your situation. Might be worth looking into if any research docs out there would be willing to try a different application. Maybe reach out to Cerapedics and see if anyone is doing clinical trials for fusions outside the spine. https://cerapedics.com/i-factor-and-p-15

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That's rough. I do not think hormones will help. It would be like putting a powerful engine in a wrecked car with one wheel missing. Peptides like TB500 and BPC157 can help heal soft tissue but if the wrist is damaged it must be fixed. Have you gotten multiple opinions from orthos? Maybe your doc just sucks.

R

Rmayo21

Apr 27, 2023
That's got to be a tough situation to be in, but you're not alone. I had a pretty severe lower back injury that kept me from training my legs for almost a decade. Every time I would try, even light squats, lunges, or even machine leg extensions, it would irritate the injury and prolong recovery. I finally just accepted that I could develop my upper body, embrace the endless chicken-leg comments, and still enjoy training.

The advice I would give is to take care of yourself, first and foremost. Let your wrist heal properly and do what you can with the rest of your body. Be completely prepared for it to take a decade or more, and even then, the possibility of never having full usage again.

Get creative in finding ways to develop your chest, legs, shoulders, and back without using your hands. I've seen folks use straps at their elbow joints to do machine presses and flys. You can develop your lats and rear delts with creative strap use, too. Arm work will prove difficult, if not impossible, and should probably just be avoided all together. But that's ok! Find a training partner that is willing and able to help you through this, and you may very well continue to find a lot of enjoyment in bodybuilding and strength training.

Good luck!
Thank you so much. It’s hard to find anyone who can truly relate to an injury like this. I gotten very experimental with resistance bands and wrist straps, but it’s nearly impossible in maintain consistency. I used to never do cardio , now I do cardio everyday. I take my diet extremely serious and still train hard as possible ,and am very happy with how I look. Unfortunately it goes deeper as this injury holds me back from so many hobbies and passions I was once able to do full no. No more motorcycles, no more wrestling or ju jitsu, ect ect. I am still hopeful one day it will heal

R

Rmayo21

Apr 27, 2023
That's rough. I do not think hormones will help. It would be like putting a powerful engine in a wrecked car with one wheel missing. Peptides like TB500 and BPC157 can help heal soft tissue but if the wrist is damaged it must be fixed. Have you gotten multiple opinions from orthos? Maybe your doc just sucks.
I have been to 7 different orthos and heard many different things. Unfortunately I believe I made a bad decision listening to my first surgeon who ended up cutting my scaphoid in half. That really screwed me and multiple surgeons after that told me it was a bad decision. Now all I’ve been offered by multiple doctors is a full bone fusion where I will lose what little range and motion I have left. Leaving my wrist completely locked. Another doc recommended I try a bone stimulator for 3 months and I’ve been doing that for two months with zero improvement. Another doc said just give it time and hope my bone heals. I’ve taken upon myself to change my diet and lifestyle in hopes to heal it, but yet to see the healing. I heard about HGH having a good track record for healing bones , hence why I came here

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I would also recommend BPC157 and instead of tb500 use GH at 2iu day. Curcumin is a huge help to my hands and wrists. I was having brutal trigger finger on each hand. I did go in for numerous cortisone shots shot directly into the knuckle of the finger that was triggering. It went from 1 finger to the next and even into one of my thumbs. My hands were so sore it was extremely painful just to bump them into something. Once I started the curcumin the pain disappeared. I also use Type II collagen for joints.
Most people think cortisone is a temp. pain reliever but it has been shown to actually heal like it did in my case.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I have had so many inj. , 2 lower back surgeries, 1 to repair a blown disk and 1 fusion. Both hips replaced, Lft shoulder repair and now my rt shoulder is probably in need of surgery. For the longest time I've had to figure out ways to work around my inj. with out re-injuring myself or making sure I let the repaired area heal. For legs I use the ARC machine. Its simular to a stepper but more like cross country skiing. It has levels for aerobics, and strength training. I can really feel it working my glutes and thighs on the strength settings without any strain on my back, hips, or knees. I usually finish with a short bike ride. As far as upper body work with your wrist inj. that's a tough one. I think your best bet is to focus on getting your wrist healed. Start using the compounds I recommended to express healing, get the surgery, and continue to use the healing compounds and hopefully in time you'll be good to go. In the future, never work out with wrist wraps secured tightly for any push movements and use straps for all pull movements.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
For me the only thing that really helps with healing any injuries supplementation wise is GH. I prefer to blast the GH than to run 1-2 iu a day for months at a time. I get more healing benefit from running 5-10 iu for 6-8 weeks. Pretty much heals up every ache and pain I have, but I am not dealing with anything like you are.

R

Rmayo21

Apr 27, 2023
I would also recommend BPC157 and instead of tb500 use GH at 2iu day. Curcumin is a huge help to my hands and wrists. I was having brutal trigger finger on each hand. I did go in for numerous cortisone shots shot directly into the knuckle of the finger that was triggering. It went from 1 finger to the next and even into one of my thumbs. My hands were so sore it was extremely painful just to bump them into something. Once I started the curcumin the pain disappeared. I also use Type II collagen for joints.
Most people think cortisone is a temp. pain reliever but it has been shown to actually heal like it did in my case.
Thank you so much , I’ve had a few cortisone shots but it was only a minor relief of pain for a short period of time unfortunately. I take collagen , and tumeric/curcumin daily as well as other supplements. I don’t really notice any relief from these but I take them everyday anyway. I’ve tried so much and been through so much failed surgeries there’s just no way I’m going through another one. I’ve recently looked into GH and found some studies / facts that show GH is very effecting at healing bones. I don’t know much about the other peptides you mentioned , but regardless I really have no idea where to source these things cleanly or how to go about getting these. I went to a local doctor to try to get GH prescribed to me that way , but they refused to work with me because I’m under 25

R

Rmayo21

Apr 27, 2023
I have had so many inj. , 2 lower back surgeries, 1 to repair a blown disk and 1 fusion. Both hips replaced, Lft shoulder repair and now my rt shoulder is probably in need of surgery. For the longest time I've had to figure out ways to work around my inj. with out re-injuring myself or making sure I let the repaired area heal. For legs I use the ARC machine. Its simular to a stepper but more like cross country skiing. It has levels for aerobics, and strength training. I can really feel it working my glutes and thighs on the strength settings without any strain on my back, hips, or knees. I usually finish with a short bike ride. As far as upper body work with your wrist inj. that's a tough one. I think your best bet is to focus on getting your wrist healed. Start using the compounds I recommended to express healing, get the surgery, and continue to use the healing compounds and hopefully in time you'll be good to go. In the future, never work out with wrist wraps secured tightly for any push movements and use straps for all pull movements.
Again I really appreciate it. Its extremely tough without the wrist. My forearm gets the worst of it, and there's a very clear difference in size compared to my other arm. Im going to continue pushing the rest of my body , and try to source some GH and BP157 to hopefully fuse may bones together.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic