Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Will Brink and a video on DNP

a-bomb83

a-bomb83

Jan 9, 2024
DNP, A perfect weight loss pill?

After watching, I didn’t really learn anything that I didn’t already know. If anything, it just reiterated that no one should really take it.

if diet and cardio can’t get the fat off, then I guess you just stay fat ‍

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Will Brink has been around forever, since God created the earth, LOL!

I've always been 50-50 on DNP. I neither am against it or form it depending on the right circumstance, user, and context. IMO, low dose 100-200mg/d, or EOD is the preferred route i'd use...if I were to use it at this point in my life. I've seen good arguments against it, and good ones for it's use. Heck, even Lyle McDonald has made a case for it's use, lol.

It's one of those compounds you need to 100% respect, and it needs to be planned out ahead of time and to know what sides to expect.

Weirdly enough, i've seen more regular every day people use it than bodybuilders these days. It seems to not be as popular these days with bodybuilders. I think most just prepare a few weeks longer for prep to get in shape and feel better (energy levels at least), rather than use DNP for a shorter duration. Low doses seem greatly reduce a lot of the usual reported sides with it's use, and can be ran for much longer periods.

Anyway...

I have no plans of using it in my immediate future:D

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Will Brink has been around forever, since God created the earth, LOL!

I've always been 50-50 on DNP. I neither am against it or form it depending on the right circumstance, user, and context. IMO, low dose 100-200mg/d, or EOD is the preferred route i'd use...if I were to use it at this point in my life. I've seen good arguments against it, and good ones for it's use. Heck, even Lyle McDonald has made a case for it's use, lol.

It's one of those compounds you need to 100% respect, and it needs to be planned out ahead of time and to know what sides to expect.

Weirdly enough, i've seen more regular every day people use it than bodybuilders these days. It seems to not be as popular these days with bodybuilders. I think most just prepare a few weeks longer for prep to get in shape and feel better (energy levels at least), rather than use DNP for a shorter duration. Low doses seem greatly reduce a lot of the usual reported sides with it's use, and can be ran for much longer periods.

Anyway...

I have no plans of using it in my immediate future:D
This is exactly how I feel. I have taken it a few times and when I did, I really had no business taking it. I wasn't prepping for a contest, I was just a little fatter than I wanted (about 17% BF).

Since I have actually started doing shows and coaching/prepping others for shows, I found it doesn't take much in the way of cardio/diet to get incredibly lean without DNP. It just takes consistency and time. Sprinkle in a little, and I mean a little, T3/T4 and clen and fat loss can be drastic when diet is on point. We are talking half a percent of bodyfat a week on people sub 10% and up to a full percent on people over.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Agree with all comments.
I just thought it was interesting to see anything about DNP.
I think we have better and safer options. I have used DNP but it sucked every time I used it.
Not for me.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'd much rather use DNP then clen/t3. I'd rather sweat a little than feel like my heart and neck would explode, but that's me.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Low dose DNP is safer than clen, IMO. And while I'm OK with men taking T3, I've heard so many negative stories about women having screwed up metabolisms after messing with T3.

With real DNP (i.e., quality raws), 250mg crystal (which is about 185mg powder) by day #3 makes me toasty warm all day long. I do feel flat due to glycogen being depleted, but other than keeping my water intake up, I really don't have to do anything special. Seems like an easy way to up my metabolism by 10% or more.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'd much rather use DNP then clen/t3. I'd rather sweat a little than feel like my heart and neck would explode, but that's me.
I agree on the heart exploding thing but everytime that I try DNP I end up laying on the couch with a fan blowing on me and napping all day.
Which I guess I do plenty of ayway:)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Low dose DNP is safer than clen, IMO. And while I'm OK with men taking T3, I've heard so many negative stories about women having screwed up metabolisms after messing with T3.

With real DNP (i.e., quality raws), 250mg crystal (which is about 185mg powder) by day #3 makes me toasty warm all day long. I do feel flat due to glycogen being depleted, but other than keeping my water intake up, I really don't have to do anything special. Seems like an easy way to up my metabolism by 10% or more.
I used to feel exactly the same about T3 and women, still do actually, as I try and talk my female competitors out of using it. They just have more side effects. However, I was watching Muscle Minds with Scott Stevenson and he mentioned a study showing that every single person, male and female, who was using thyroid medications all had their thyroid functions return to normal within 3 weeks. Even some who used it for 10 years straight.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I used to feel exactly the same about T3 and women, still do actually, as I try and talk my female competitors out of using it. They just have more side effects. However, I was watching Muscle Minds with Scott Stevenson and he mentioned a study showing that every single person, male and female, who was using thyroid medications all had their thyroid functions return to normal within 3 weeks. Even some who used it for 10 years straight.
I can't argue with you there. And yet I've heard all these anecdotal stories of women that are all messed up due to T3 use. Just don't know what to think anymore.

I suppose the safest thing to do is take the old-fashioned, long term approach or lowering calories and upping cardio in small increments.

From my own personal experience, as a 56 year old male, I can still tweak my calories and my cardio and get my body to respond (but it's definitely tougher than when I was in my 30s). My wife, however, who just turned 60, her body really resists dropping the weight. It'll work, but she has to cut calories more aggressively and up cardio more aggressively. Doesn't seem fair. She's funny. She'll always say, "I'm just one good stomach flu away from a size 4!" LOL

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I can't argue with you there. And yet I've heard all these anecdotal stories of women that are all messed up due to T3 use. Just don't know what to think anymore.

I suppose the safest thing to do is take the old-fashioned, long term approach or lowering calories and upping cardio in small increments.

From my own personal experience, as a 56 year old male, I can still tweak my calories and my cardio and get my body to respond (but it's definitely tougher than when I was in my 30s). My wife, however, who just turned 60, her body really resists dropping the weight. It'll work, but she has to cut calories more aggressively and up cardio more aggressively. Doesn't seem fair. She's funny. She'll always say, "I'm just one good stomach flu away from a size 4!" LOL
Our bodies become less efficient at pretty much everything as we age. Not to mention, we cannot push as hard as we used to in the gym, so our EPOC is also lower. The only benefit in this aspect to getting older, most have lower appetites, so cutting can be easier mentally. Which is nice, since physically it is harder.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
100mg - 200mg/day max, long and slow... barely affects training (if at all depending on nutrition and watching electrolytes), watch morning temp slowly creep up (some will argue afternoon temp is better as well as long as you're consistent with time).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic