jacobss
What's New?

Where are the GF members?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hilarious

I forgot about GotFina. The owner died ifrom what I recall and the board was gone. Similar to WCBB.
Yep. That is how I got to WCBB. Bass invited me over, as he knew I needed a home. I was at MassMonsters at the time, as well, but it wasn't like GotFina. WCBB was. Then GotFina started back up under new ownership, so I was jumping back and forth between GotFina v.2 and WCBB, along with PlanetMuscle, BeyondMuscle, ChemicalFitness, etc... eventually, said fuck this and just hung my hat up at WCBB.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I think GF stood for Gear freakz may be wrong. Badham created that private forum after many vets were looking for a safe place to meet and be free from the tyranny of anabolex.
He even had a private forum in GFS that is how seriously he took security at the time.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I think GF stood for Gear freakz may be wrong. Badham created that private forum after many vets were looking for a safe place to meet and be free from the tyranny of anabolex.
He even had a private forum in GFS that is how seriously he took security at the time.
Thanks brother!

I definitely understand the issues with a lot of the other boards, which is why eventually just posted at WCBB and now here, plus a couple private boards. Too much drama, relaxed security and some bad eggs who were protected by owners/admins/mods.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011

I think it was Gear Freakz as well...i'm not 100% certain though. Other will know for sure. I didn't join there (or invited) until many years after Bad opened it. It had already slowed down quite a bit by time I got there. It had a great search history though and some of the best members on the forums had run through it at some point or another.

I was on a ton of forums during the early to mid-2000's, but did not post too much on most of them. Due to time constraints from college and work (earlier 2000's), I mostly posted on EF, AF (Both Anabolic Fitness and AFboard), Iron Trybe, CEM a little, Intense-training a little, Animal's a little, and a few others. This was after i came back to the forums 99/2000 onward. I was at others but only had limited time to post. The later 2000's onward i started posting more other places.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
from memory it was Gear freakz
(Owned by a guy name dex) then Badham took it over. Made it gear freaks (like car racing gears) then later to be even more stealth I think it went to Gf sports. Seem like it was a crew of the board varix (so)

despite all
The security checks and him being as solid as they come I remember hearing later that Canuck turn scammer.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's some Inception shit right there.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
from memory it was Gear freakz
(Owned by a guy name dex) then Badham took it over. Made it gear freaks (like car racing gears) then later to be even more stealth I think it went to Gf sports. Seem like it was a crew of the board varix (so)

despite all
The security checks and him being as solid as they come I remember hearing later that Canuck turn scammer.
I'm pretty sure this is correct. I think he mentioned that he had the database for varix after it was discontinued also.

Yea, canuck4 turned scammer/informant for the whole ORD deal that played out.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
On WCBB we had a private thread area for all the GF members. Did that make it over after Bass closed the door?
Missed your other post in the Intro forum. Welcome.
I was a member of all three places.
Badhams, BK, and here.
If I had to pick my favorite of the three it has been here. Mugzy was as good to me as both Badham and BK were and LK has picked up rite were he left off. Settle in and think you’ll find the same.
Saw your other posts D69 ... welcome home.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic