Latest Member
jacobss

UFC on ESPN: Gane vs. Spivak sept 2

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea man, that is exactly what happened with Gane and Spivak. Spivak just gave up when his plan went to hell, and then he just became a sitting duck. If Gane can work on his Takedown defense and ground game, he'd be very hard to beat. He is an absolute monster in the standup for a heavyweight. I hope he has a renewed fire under his ass to work on those 2 things.

Fiorot was much bigger and stronger. I have no idea if she can beat either Grasso or Valentina, but she has height and strength and size going her way. I think with Fiorot, Blanchfield and maybe even Santos, the women's flyweight division will get super interesting. I hope Valentina is working on her ground game!!!

I am super glad that Benoit/Moises got FOTN bonuses, they deserved it. I had no idea who Benoit was until last night! He is a beast:eek: Moises is good, but like you stated, he was undersized for the fight, so it will be interesting to see how Benoit does as the opponents get more skilled up the ladder and both stronger and bigger. Even though Benoit won both rounds and the fight, Moises had his moments and showed heart. Great fight! It's crazy how stacked the lightweight division is, he's not even in the top 15 right now, lol.

Volkan has got MUCH better....more calm, collective and patient. He is still big and strong, but can turn it on. This new version of him is going to take him up the ladder for sure. I think maybe working with Khamzat has helped him a lot. I always enjoy watching him fight.

That's all I watched. The Gomis fight was just ending when I logged on. This was a pretty decent fight card.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yea man, that is exactly what happened with Gane and Spivak. Spivak just gave up when his plan went to hell, and then he just became a sitting duck. If Gane can work on his Takedown defense and ground game, he'd be very hard to beat. He is an absolute monster in the standup for a heavyweight. I hope he has a renewed fire under his ass to work on those 2 things.

Fiorot was much bigger and stronger. I have no idea if she can beat either Grasso or Valentina, but she has height and strength and size going her way. I think with Fiorot, Blanchfield and maybe even Santos, the women's flyweight division will get super interesting. I hope Valentina is working on her ground game!!!

I am super glad that Benoit/Moises got FOTN bonuses, they deserved it. I had no idea who Benoit was until last night! He is a beast:eek: Moises is good, but like you stated, he was undersized for the fight, so it will be interesting to see how Benoit does as the opponents get more skilled up the ladder and both stronger and bigger. Even though Benoit won both rounds and the fight, Moises had his moments and showed heart. Great fight! It's crazy how stacked the lightweight division is, he's not even in the top 15 right now, lol.

Volkan has got MUCH better....more calm, collective and patient. He is still big and strong, but can turn it on. This new version of him is going to take him up the ladder for sure. I think maybe working with Khamzat has helped him a lot. I always enjoy watching him fight.

That's all I watched. The Gomis fight was just ending when I logged on. This was a pretty decent fight card.
Great commentary there. I too was impressed with Volkan. The ability to TD is a weapon in itself.

I do not think Fiorot will have a size advantage. Grasso is big and Valentina is also a good size. Looking at the different rankings, some have Fiorot higher than Blanchfield. the UFC has Blanchfield on top which is where it belongs. the real fight will be just these two. A title eliminator. Fiorot is the better boxer but Blanchfield is a MONSTER on the ground.

Blanchfield beat Tailia Santos who was ranked top 5, Andrade, who was also ranked top 5 in her own division. Fiorot was good vs Rose but there was a HUGE size discrepancy. I think vs Blanchfield she will get taken down and she will get tested in her sub D.

Fiorot did beat Maia and Chookagian both ranked in the lower top 10. But her last 4 fights she decisioned 3 vs the higher competition and one non-ranked opponent. She finished Tabitha Ricci who is unranked at FW but a sub top 10 rank in straw weight so another undersize fighter. I think Blanchfield will stop the Fiorot train

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic