VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Catchweight (140 lb)Cory Sandhagenvs.Rob Font
Women's StrawweightJéssica Andradevs.Tatiana Suarez
Light HeavyweightDustin Jacobyvs.Kennedy Nzechukwu
FeatherweightDiego Lopesvs.Gavin Tucker
Light HeavyweightTanner Boservs.Aleksa Camur
LightweightIgnacio Bahamondesvs.Ľudovít Klein

Sandhagen vs Font is a great match! Oddly it will be at a catchweight of 140. Both guys are 2-2 in their last 4. Interestingly Sandhagen's last win was the same guy as Font's last loss, Chito.

Andrade vs Suarez, Andrade is a beast but has lost her last 2, one sub and one KO. Suarez is an up and comer that is unbeaten and has beaten former champ and a bunch of tough gals. She can KO you but is a sub ace and has 2x as many subs in her fairly new career but her finish ratio is 2:1. I pick Suarez, second round sub.

Do not sleep on Jacoby vs The African Savage Nzechukwu. Jacoby is tough but is aging out early due to all his wars. Great everywhere but in a 2 fight slide, he is acting gatekeeper in this one. Nzechukwu Has quietly amassed 3 wins in a row vs tough guys like Cuteleba and Devin Clark. He is a KO artist with 8 KO/TKOs, 1 sub and 3 decisions. You have to go back to 2019 to find his last decision. Note his last fight was his first sub the other two of his win streak were brutal striking finishes. Watch this guy. He does tire out so if they make it into the 3rd, I think Jacoby can rally and get a finish. My pick for fight of the night.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The main fight is top notch for sure!!! Both of these guys will bring it. Sandhagen has looked phenomenal in his last 2 fights, and Font looked phenomenal in his last fight. It will be super fun to watch and a battle on the standup. Font actually did fairly well against Chito, except his face was battered by the end of the fight. He lost the last couple of rounds. The rounds he lost were pretty close though, except i think Chito hurt him in 1 or 2 of the later rounds IIRC.

I like both guys and hate to see one of them get a loss so soon after making a good comeback. I was hoping the Umar/Sandhagen fight was gonna happen, sucks Umar had to back out from injury. Font is a stud for coming in on somewhat short notice because Sandhagen is a flippin' sniper.

I'm more interested to see how Suarez does against Andrade, than Seeing Andrade possibly win. Andrade is a beast, but she just has a hard time with the very very top. She is damn good though, and fun to watch. If Suarez wins, then at least we have a new female chick as an up-and-comer. <-----i know she fought in the UFC prior before taking a long period off. Should be interesting.

The rest, i'd have to look more into them. Most of the rest i've never heard of, lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah bro I think Suarez is gonna show how good she is. Andrade is still legit but loosing two by stoppage in a row is rough. Blanchfield beat Andrade soundly and I think Suarez and Blanchfield are the new breed of fighter and Andrade the old. Not to say she is a slouch mind you.

Andrade is a fighter you can win by game plan. I am watching this card for sure.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yeah bro I think Suarez is gonna show how good she is. Andrade is still legit but loosing two by stoppage in a row is rough. Blanchfield beat Andrade soundly and I think Suarez and Blanchfield are the new breed of fighter and Andrade the old. Not to say she is a slouch mind you.

Andrade is a fighter you can win by game plan. I am watching this card for sure.
I like how you pout that! I was at a loss of words on how to describe that/her.

Yea, I think we are very far from having seen the best female fighters with it still being fairly new to them. You look back even 10-15 years ago with just the guys, outside of a few fighters (GSP, Anderson, etc), most of those guys would not be at the top in this newer generation. I look forward to seeing how the women's side of MMA progresses, especially now that female wrestling is picking up in young ages and getting super competitive, as evident by our buddy StLineman's own daughter, and that wave coming up. Blanchfield and a few others should be fun to watch.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I like how you pout that! I was at a loss of words on how to describe that/her.

Yea, I think we are very far from having seen the best female fighters with it still being fairly new to them. You look back even 10-15 years ago with just the guys, outside of a few fighters (GSP, Anderson, etc), most of those guys would not be at the top in this newer generation. I look forward to seeing how the women's side of MMA progresses, especially now that female wrestling is picking up in young ages and getting super competitive, as evident by our buddy StLineman's own daughter, and that wave coming up. Blanchfield and a few others should be fun to watch.
So true bro. Women's MMA saw Rhonda and we thought she was the be all end all like Silva in his prime. The diff between them is Rhonda was still in her prime when she fell but mainly due to her terrible coach. Silva aged out and lost speed.

I think GSP would not be so dominant today at 170. Leon, Khazmat, Kamaru would all give GSP fits. Leon due to his DT defense and the other guys due to incredible wrestling and heavy striking. He might be top 10 but a champ? Maybe...

I still love the old champs like Silva, GSP, Matt Hughs, Coture ect. I feel the sport had not evolved so much that you still had fairly pure strikers and grapplers in the sport that could still win. Also how special each show was. When you only got them every 2 months or so, we waited with supreme excitement, we had big groups get together from my BJJ and Muay Thai schools. Now you have a show almost weekly and contender series fights weekly as well as Bellator and PFL (I think Bellator bought PFL) Oh do not get me started on PRIDE, the best and unfortunately, most corrupt organization.

Sorry went on a ramble there. Got sparring this morning and slept like shit last night worrying about it. We have 2 guys getting ready for some ammy title contender fights and I wanna do my part but I can tell you, it hurts as they beat the shit out of me. But you do what you can for your team mates.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Catchweight (140 lb)Cory Sandhagendef.Rob FontDecision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 50–45)55:00
Women's StrawweightTatiana Suarezdef.Jéssica AndradeSubmission (guillotine choke)21:31
Light HeavyweightDustin Jacobydef.Kennedy NzechukwuTKO (punches)11:22
FeatherweightDiego Lopesdef.Gavin TuckerSubmission (armbar)11:38
Light HeavyweightTanner Boserdef.Aleksa CamurDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
LightweightĽudovít Kleindef.Ignacio BahamondesDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00

• Fight of the Night: No bonus awarded.
  • Performance of the Night: Tatiana Suarez, Dustin Jacoby, Diego Lopes, Carlston Harris, and Assu Almabayev

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
So true bro. Women's MMA saw Rhonda and we thought she was the be all end all like Silva in his prime. The diff between them is Rhonda was still in her prime when she fell but mainly due to her terrible coach. Silva aged out and lost speed.

I think GSP would not be so dominant today at 170. Leon, Khazmat, Kamaru would all give GSP fits. Leon due to his DT defense and the other guys due to incredible wrestling and heavy striking. He might be top 10 but a champ? Maybe...

I still love the old champs like Silva, GSP, Matt Hughs, Coture ect. I feel the sport had not evolved so much that you still had fairly pure strikers and grapplers in the sport that could still win. Also how special each show was. When you only got them every 2 months or so, we waited with supreme excitement, we had big groups get together from my BJJ and Muay Thai schools. Now you have a show almost weekly and contender series fights weekly as well as Bellator and PFL (I think Bellator bought PFL) Oh do not get me started on PRIDE, the best and unfortunately, most corrupt organization.

Sorry went on a ramble there. Got sparring this morning and slept like shit last night worrying about it. We have 2 guys getting ready for some ammy title contender fights and I wanna do my part but I can tell you, it hurts as they beat the shit out of me. But you do what you can for your team mates.
I’m not so sure GSP would be as dominant today if you plucked him out of the past and put him in the cage but I still think he’d be champ or at least definitely in the top of the division. He was a freak athlete, top notch wrestling (I believe he’d beat Khabib in a grappling match), top notch striking and could stick to a game plan so well it made him boring at times, lol……. If you plucked him from the past and put him in today he’d do great in my opinion, if he was an up and comer right now entering his prime in todays day and age he’d be a world beater with his physical attributes and fight IQ,,,, but who really knows, I always hate seeing “greatest fighter of all time” for anyone because there’s too many factors involved

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Fell asleep, was a good card while I was awake though

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Man, the featherweight division better keep an eye on Diego Lopes. He gave Evloev fits and had him in some serious positions at times in their fight. I think the bell saved Evloev once or he would have had to tap, maybe twice. Lopes took that fight on only a week's notice too. He just dominated Tucker last night. Now Tucker isn't a top 10 guy, but he still got demolished. I'm just glad that Lopes trimmed his emo hair bangs back some so it wasn't getting in his eyes, hahaha.

Suarez is a monster on the ground. She is very tall for 115# too, which has to be an advantage in some ways, kind of like Jon Jones. She will be champ soon, imo. It's fun getting new female blood into the mix. Yea, Erin Blanchfield and her are it right now.

Sandhagen just dominated the fight. I give him props although it was more of a dry humping made it boring though. I know some of that has to go to Font for his ground defense...but damn. It's one of those things where you can't really stand them up, and I am glad the ref didn't, but it made for a boring fight. I don't dislike those fights, but yea. We'll see how Sandhagen does against one of the top 2 guys I guess. he's improved a lot since he fought them last.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Agree all BMJ.

I went to bed after round 2 of Sandhagen fight. BORING.

Lopes looks like a monster.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Completely missed this one. Sandhagen is getting drug for laying and praying. Was it a s bad as everyone is claiming?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Completely missed this one. Sandhagen is getting drug for laying and praying. Was it a s bad as everyone is claiming?
Yeah, he played it safe. Dana white walked out and would not even go to the post fight interviews. Sandhagen lost some fans with that one. Hope he goes for it in his next.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic