VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
FeatherweightMax Hollowayvs.Arnold Allen
FeatherweightEdson Barbozavs.Billy Quarantillo
Light HeavyweightDustin Jacobyvs.Azamat Murzakanov
Light HeavyweightIon Cuțelabavs.Tanner Boser
BantamweightPedro Munhozvs.Chris Gutiérrez
LightweightClay Guidavs.Rafa García

Holloway vs Allen, interesting match. Max beats everybody except Volk and Poirier. Allen is on a tear and has not lost since 14. This will show if he is the real deal or not but I think Max will do to him just like he did to Yair. Take an up and comer and show why he is a former champ and always a title contender. Hey, Arnold looks great, should be good.

Barboza vs Quarantillo Barboza is a gatekepper. He is 4-7 since 2013. Billy is an up and comer with a 50/50 record in his last 4. Two wins by TKO and two decision losses. This fight means nothing for the ranks but will be good as Billy is a pressure fighter.

Ion has only won 1 fight out of his last 7 with 1 being a draw. Boser's record is better but still 3 wins out of 7. Still this will be an interesting match for two guys trying to keep their jobs. ion is a pressure striker with HUGE power and Boser more of a counter volume guy with crisp boxing and incredible cardio.Ion will look to end it early with power and Boser to drag him into round 2-3 and get a TKO/KO.

Munhoz vs Gutiérrez. If you do not like watching Munhoz fight you are a nutcase. The dude has NEVER been finished and has only 2 wins in 7in the last 5 tears but if you want to pick a fighter with a never give up attitude and will go for it for every second of the fight...here is your guy. Gutiérrez is a striker. He has a high finish rate. Most guys finish rate goes down as the competition gets better but he has 2 KO/TKO finishes in his last 2. My pick for fight of the night.

Guida is a name, that is the only reason he is on the main card. That and his fights are normally pretty good. Garcia is a guy that is a good match for the 41 year old Guida.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, the 3 fights I am interested in are the Holloway/Allen fight, the Barboza/Quarantillo fight, and the Munhoz/Gutierrez fight.

I can't add anything different.

The Allen/Holloway fight is more of a fight for us to see where both guys are at, more specifically Allen. Should be a good fight.

I'm more interested to see if Quarantillo wins, but Barboza can KO anybody at any point in a fight. I agree, he is more of a gatekeeper now. After not doing well in this lighter division, I think it knocked the fire out of him. He is weak against good wrestlers.

I'm really interested in the Munhoz/Gutierrez fight. I actually had Munhoz winning that 1 round that he had against Sean O'Malley. I think O'Malley got a gift with the stoppage. His 3 losses prior were super close, and many thought he won the fight against Edgar. He is WAY better than his record shows. I didn';t see his fight against Aljamain, but he is a guy that could still make a run for a title fight. He is very good. That said, Gutierrez is a freakin' beast. He totally dominated Edgar and retired him with a major KO loss. IMO, this will be fight of the night unless it is stopped early. I would have had this fight as the co-main event fight!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I am almost as exited for those 3 fights as I was for Izzy v Alex card.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
FeatherweightMax Hollowaydef.Arnold AllenDecision (unanimous) (49–46, 49–46, 48–47)55:00
FeatherweightEdson Barbozadef.Billy QuarantilloKO (knee)12:37
Light HeavyweightAzamat Murzakanovdef.Dustin JacobyDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
Light HeavyweightIon Cuțelabadef.Tanner BoserTKO (punches)12:05
BantamweightPedro Munhozdef.Chris GutiérrezDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
LightweightRafa Garcíadef.Clay GuidaDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
What a night of fights!

They were all good. Even the worst fights I saw were still good.

Max vs Allen, what a fight. A true chess match with lots of strikes landed. Max has this exiting elusive style and chin of granite. When he comes in technically perfect punches come fast then he is out. Allen impressed me. He has heart for days. When his coaches said WWIII time (as he was loosing the fight and needed a KO) he said hell yeah and did it. The last few seconds was throwing with reckless abandon. Zero fear.

Barboza vs Quarantillo. Billy was stalking Edson, until Edson times that TD and Boom, knee...out.

Azmat is a monster. Jacoby weathered all the storms. Great fight.

Ion vs Boser. Ion just has to touch you. Boser looked great at 205, looked like he was trying to stand up and was doing so slowly while Ion pounded his face. Good stop.

Pedro Munhoz! Way better than his record suggests. Chris is a legit guy and Pedro used pressure to snuff the long attacks of Chris. Both guys were busted up in this helluva a battle.

Rafa vs Guida. Guida had moments but could not get to Rafa. Guida was busted up by the end but showed heart and toughness. Rafa has a nasty jab. All he needed for this fight was 75% jab, 20% cross and 5% hooks.

the undercard was AWESOME! I caught the last 4 of the UC and all were stoppage.

• Fight of the Night: Bill Algeo vs. T.J. Brown What a battle!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill was getting tuned up but never stopped. TJ was a game opponent and what a fight.
  • Performance of the Night: Edson Barboza, Brandon Royval, and Gillian Robertson

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic