VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
HeavyweightTom Aspinallvs.Marcin Tybura
Women's FlyweightMolly McCannvs.Julija Stoliarenko
FeatherweightNathaniel Woodvs.Andre Fili
MiddleweightPaul Craigvs.André Muniz
LightweightJai Herbertvs.Farès Ziam
FeatherweightLerone Murphyvs.Joshua Culibao

this is a descent card. The main even is a good one. Tom Aspinall is a beast, he lost his last one due to a knee injury but other than that has looked really good with 8 wins in a row. All stoppages. Marcin has 7 wins and 1 loss. I think it will bang.

Meatball Molly vs Stoliarenko should be good as win or loos Molly does not have boring fights.

Wood vs Fili is my pick for FOTN. Both guys hard as steel and will bang. Both guys good at subs but Wood has the advantage on the ground and Fili on the feet.

Bear jew Paul Craig vs Muniz Craig has never won by decision. hi has 3 TKO and 13 subs. Muniz 4 tko/ko, 15 subs and 4 decisions including a sub win over Jacare. Should be a real chess match.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Not doing much tomorrow, so i'm hoping this turns out good. I'm anxious to see how Aspinall does, and if he is back to form and able to move well. I seen something on FB where he was saying that his leg was already compromised long before the injury occurred, and that it had already been limited on what he could do off just one leg. He mentioned that the surgery and repair actually has him moving better than before the injury because he can work off of both legs better now. I guess we'll see. He looked so damn good in all his fights....phenomenal standup, and a decent ground game.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
HeavyweightTom Aspinalldef.Marcin TyburaTKO (elbow and punches)11:13
Women's FlyweightJulija Stoliarenkodef.Molly McCannSubmission (armbar)11:55
FeatherweightNathaniel Wooddef.Andre FiliDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
MiddleweightPaul Craigdef.André MunizTKO (elbows)24:40
LightweightFarès Ziamdef.Jai HerbertDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)35:00
FeatherweightLerone Murphydef.Joshua CulibaoDecision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–26, 30–27)35:00
BantamweightDaniel Marcosdef.Davey GrantDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00

Good for Aspinall, he is an up and comer that we can get exited about.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have kind of mixed feelings about Jon Jones already talking about retiring again after 1-goddamn fight in a return. The guy frustrates the heck out of me, and I don't like him too much as a person to begin with. If he retires after fighting and beating Stipe, who hasn't fought in like 5 decades and is older and has seen his better days behind him, he is a drama queen. NOW, maybe he says all this to create a better contract in the future for big fights, I don't know. He beat some good guys in the 205# division, but many were not all that great, and many, like Shogun, were way past their prime years already. Anyway....

Why do I mention or rant the above?

Well, like i mentioned, Stipe is older and past his prime, who knows how he will move after being gone for so long once he is in the cage, and what the heck does that prove? Jon beat Gane, whose ground game is horrendous. He did exactly what I knew he was going to do. I think it would be the same if he ever fought Ngannou. Jones is very well-rounded, both on the feet and ground. His ground game is WAYYY under-rated. It's like most guys snooze on that part because a lot of his fights seem to stay standing because of his height and reach advantage he's had over opponents.

So there are 3 people in the HW division coming up, who I think he needs to fight, at least 2 of the 3. Those are Pavlovich, ASPINALL, and maybe Jailton Almeida, assuming he is still winning after everybody else. Those are fights people want to see. I don't mind the Stipe fight, but unless Stipe is even close to his prior self, which may or may not have even beat Jon, he will get creamed if he is not at least back to those standards. I mean, he has to perform better than what Gane did, that was a joke, but I guess we'll have to see.

I'm not sure how Pavlovich is on the ground, if he is even subpar, he will lose to Jones. I think Jon will go immediately to the ground with this guy instead of taking a risk of getting hit by those cannons, but he has a long reach and is tall, so maybe he can nullify it all with his style.

Okay...i'm getting there.

So Aspinall, at least looking at his last couple of fights, looks like the most complete fighter in the division from stand-up to the ground. If he wins another fight against the top 2-5, I want to see Jones fight this guy. Aspinall is a beast for sure, and from what he says, he's healthier now than prior to his injury, and with a better campo and mind game. We'll see. All I know is that he looks very dominant against a lot of these guys, so I hope it continues so we can hopefully see Jon fight more than a 1-dimensional fighter.

Okay, rant or whatever over, lol.

The Wood/Fili fight was really good. I feel Fili got the nod in that 3rd round, as he was more active, but it was close.

Davey Grant got completely ripped off from the judges from what I seen. I mean, unless I missed something, this was a horrendous call! Did anybody else see this fight? Thoughts?

The Craig/Muniz fight was decent as well. Muniz is under-rated as well, and he is well-rounded. Craig did a great job to beat him. I think he should stay in the 185# division, personally. If he can overcome the quickness of the fighters at that weight, he should be able to have a better chance than the larger guys at 205#.....well, maybe. That is my arm-chair opinion, LOL!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Agree with everything you said BMJ.

I think Jones is at a place he does not want to take chances with getting one of these young up and comers pushing him. he will take easie fights although past his prime or not, Stipe is a top 3 guy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic