jacobss

UFC 297: Strickland vs. du Plessis 01/20

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
  • Fight of the Night: Dricus du Plessis vs. Sean Strickland
  • Performance of the Night: Gillian Robertson and Jasmine Jasudavicius

Gillian Robertson brought the pain in her POYN bonus performance. Ended up getting the TKO after she broke Viana. This was a fun fight to watch.
Jasmine Jasudavicius put a severe beat down on Priscila Cachoeira. 10-8 first round for JJ. 10-8 second round as well as a 10-7 by one judge. The sub was a mercy in the 3rd from the beating from GnP. I did not see it but it was described as a murder scene and the ref should have stopped it earlier. Cachoeira missed weight and JJ was unhappy about that. JJ made her pay dearly and showed maybe Cachoeira is not meant for the UFC although the ranks are thin and she will keep a job. Recall with Cach fought Shevchenko? She landed less than 5 shots the whole fight and got beaten badly. This kind of abuse will cause long term probs for her health.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
  • Fight of the Night: Dricus du Plessis vs. Sean Strickland
  • Performance of the Night: Gillian Robertson and Jasmine Jasudavicius

Gillian Robertson brought the pain in her POYN bonus performance. Ended up getting the TKO after she broke Viana. This was a fun fight to watch.
Jasmine Jasudavicius put a severe beat down on Priscila Cachoeira. 10-8 first round for JJ. 10-8 second round as well as a 10-7 by one judge. The sub was a mercy in the 3rd from the beating from GnP. I did not see it but it was described as a murder scene and the ref should have stopped it earlier. Cachoeira missed weight and JJ was unhappy about that. JJ made her pay dearly and showed maybe Cachoeira is not meant for the UFC although the ranks are thin and she will keep a job. Recall with Cach fought Shevchenko? She landed less than 5 shots the whole fight and got beaten badly. This kind of abuse will cause long term probs for her health.

Yea, Dana White had the Robertson/Viana fight as one of his 2 to watch for. I missed the whole prelim card:(

The significant strikes for the Jasudavicius/Cachoera fight were insane, I wish I had seen this fight. Jasudavicius had like 100+ sig strikes and Cochoeira had something like in single digits or really low, LOL!

Same for me on the DDP/Strickland fight, I thought it could have went either way, but I thought Sean did enough to win...but I wasn't sure if I was just being bias as I was wanting him to win. I like DDP as well, I knew all their pre-fight talk was hype for the fight, lol. It was super close, and i'd have to watch it another time or two to really give a true 'opinion' of the win.

It was a decent card, not great, but it was fun to watch at times.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I would say that if Bueno-Silva gets her conditioning down, and continues to work on her boxing, she could be a force. She is crafty. I think she underestimated Pennington and had no respect for her. She either did not come in conditioned for a long fight thinking she'd win early, or she had an adrenaline dump from all her yelling and theatric drama stuff, lol. Lots of potential if she is able to tune into it and cut-out the other unnecessary junk. Pennington is a solid 1-speed pony, for better or worse, haha.

Im agree on her doing everything she could to lose by not listening to her corner on not getting into the clench, lol. She had the advantage on the standup, but got lucky that Bueno fatigued.

Pennington will forever be in the record books now as a UFC champion, and Bueno has something to build on for a 'possible' good future.

It sounds like Juliana Pena may fight Pennington now. But Jeeesus, her last fight was her loss to Nunes in June of 2022:eek:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I would say that if Bueno-Silva gets her conditioning down, and continues to work on her boxing, she could be a force. She is crafty. I think she underestimated Pennington and had no respect for her. She either did not come in conditioned for a long fight thinking she'd win early, or she had an adrenaline dump from all her yelling and theatric drama stuff, lol. Lots of potential if she is able to tune into it and cut-out the other unnecessary junk. Pennington is a solid 1-speed pony, for better or worse, haha.

Im agree on her doing everything she could to lose by not listening to her corner on not getting into the clench, lol. She had the advantage on the standup, but got lucky that Bueno fatigued.

Pennington will forever be in the record books now as a UFC champion, and Bueno has something to build on for a 'possible' good future.

It sounds like Juliana Pena may fight Pennington now. But Jeeesus, her last fight was her loss to Nunes in June of 2022:eek:
Many fans said keep the belt vacant with the lack luster fight these two ladies put on. It was not that bad

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Many fans said keep the belt vacant with the lack luster fight these two ladies put on. It was not that bad
Yea, it's just how it is with women's mma right now with them being......weaker and women, lol. There are only a few women who have the power and ability to perform to the audience like men fighting...well, sort of, lol. I was fine with it. Like you mentioned earlier on this post, Rocky doesn't have killer attributes to end fights, more gnp and run out the clock tyupe of stuff. I actually thought the standup was decent with them, but they just spent a lot of time in the clench, and then eventually the ground. I've seen much worse.....although much better too I guess.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yea, it's just how it is with women's mma right now with them being......weaker and women, lol. There are only a few women who have the power and ability to perform to the audience like men fighting...well, sort of, lol. I was fine with it. Like you mentioned earlier on this post, Rocky doesn't have killer attributes to end fights, more gnp and run out the clock tyupe of stuff. I actually thought the standup was decent with them, but they just spent a lot of time in the clench, and then eventually the ground. I've seen much worse.....although much better too I guess.
Yeah but there were two women's fights on this card that were bangers. I think there was a power vacuum after Nunes left. It has been filled with mediocrity. Now move down a weigh class and women are better.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic