Latest Member
jacobss

UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 -- 10/21/23

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Mokaev wins via arm triangle in the 3rd round. Mokaev won every round, but Elliott is under-rated, imo. Elliott is really good on his back defensively, but he loses because he lacks any offense on his back. He nullified Mokaev's offense during most of it, but Mokaev just did more. Elliott had him in a leg triangle, but Mokaev slammed him old school and got out, lol.

Mokaev wants Kai Kara France, but i think he needs to calm down a little bit. He is a little cocky, and it may do him some good to get humbled, but he is a good fighter.

He then went on to wish for world peace and stated that he wanted the safety for the Palestine people, then went on to mention Allah Akbar. :rolleyes:

MAIN EVENT CARD NEXT.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Missed first fight, but Nurmagomedoc won via guillotine choke in the first round.

Alves vs Aliskerov just started.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Okay...Aliskerov won via TKO due to strikes in round 1. lol.

Magomedov Ankalaev vs Johnny Walker up next.

Holy shit. Another No contest from doctor stoppage. Johnny was down and Ankalaev kneed him in the chin. After a few minutes, the doctor asked Walker what country he was in and what round they were in. Johnny didn't answer, but I don't know if he was out of it, or if he maybe got confused with a language barrier??? It will be interesting to see what both have to say. Johnny didn't know they called the fight, and both he and Ankalaev almost started scrapping, like 2-3x with corners in the ring, LOL! Dana White had to come in and calm down Walker, well both. This is the same doctor who came in during the undercard for the dick shot and called a stoppage/no contest, lol. WILD!

Well shit, the card is almost over now. This has went by quick with three 1st round fights ending.

CO-MAIN FIGHT!

Chimaev vs Usman next!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I want to see how much energy Chimaev burns off pre-fight and at the beginning of the fight. It may make a difference....although, it's a 3-round fight.

I kind of feel like people are overlooking Usman in this fight, which is mind blowing to me. We'll see!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Okay.

Round 1 was all Chimaev. He had Usman's back the whole round. It could have been a 10-8 round, but Chimaev didn't do any real damage. Usman got up smiling.

Round 2 could have gone either way. Chimaev looked gassed and much slower like all his other fights. He had a late takedown, but didn't do anything. I feel like Usman won the round, but Khamzat had some good kicks.

Round 3 was pretty even, Khamzat may have stolen it with a mid-round takedown, but it was close. Outside of the 1st round, it was fairly close. It would have been interesting if it were a 5-round fight to see if Khamzat would have tired more.

Judges called it 29-27, 29-27, and 28-28.

Khamzat had a really good post-fight speech for world peace for all countries, and for both Israel and Palestine. Said he hated to see kids killed and that he had one waiting for him at home and took it personal. Pretty moving. He will fight Strickland for the title next.

Usman did not get an interview. He looked pissed.

I will say that Usman may have been tired as well, as he did not have that desperation mode to get after Khamzat when he knew he was down. Not sure if he lost that drive, or if he was trying to conserve energy. He got back to his feet the last 30 seconds of round 3 and didn't have the 'kill' mode going to go for it.

Khamzat blows a ton of energy pre-fight and the first round. IT is a weakness. If he does not fix this, it will cost him, especially in a 5-round fight.

A good fight for a last-minute replacement to save the fight....but could have been better if maybe Usman had a full training camp. He needs his killer attitude back. He needs a win.

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
MAIN FIGHT! Makhachev vs VOLK!!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Volk looks heavy and a little soft. Man, i'm super hyped for this fight, almost winded, haha!

ROUND 1: Makhachev with a head kick and with ground strikes for the win at 3:26.

The main event fights were overall weak and a disappointment, imo. Props to both Islam and Khamzat though, they did what they were expected to do.

I think Khamzat could learn a thing from watching Islam stay calm and collective for energy conservation. But then....would he be where he is at now with a different approach? I'm just an armchair douche, lol.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I guess Kavanaugh, Johnny Walker's coach, stated that Johnny was a little confused when asked questions in the ring. He stated that when the doc tor asked him where he was, he stated "in the desert." So he was responsive. I guess if he would have said Abu Dhabi, it would have still been the wrong answer....so.....lol.

Chimaev stated he may have broke his right hand in the first round...so that may have been why he was less aggressive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah bro, thanks for the commentary. Card was a let down.
Bummer about the Ankalaev vs JW fight. I though JW was gonna get tuned up and KO'd but he looked real good with a much sounder defense. The whole thing was handled terribly by the doc.
Khamzat vs Usman had it's moments when Usman was able to strike. But the ground control was so totally controlled by Khamzat it was like watching a toddler under a wet blanket.

Makhachev vs VOLK, agree what a let down. Respect to Volk for taking the fight but he just was not ready. I would like to see a 3rd fight because arguably Volk won the first fight and got robbed

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic