Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tumeric supplements and the liver

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I have been experiencing some pain in my side and some disruption in digestion. It's almost identical to sides when I do dbol or drol orally which I haven't done in decades. One thing I have stepped up on is doubling my tumeric supplements to 2800 mgs a day and remember reading tumeric can cause acute liver injuries. I am going to back off and see if it subsides. Already on tudca liv 52 and NAC for liver support. Have had an awesome 2 weeks of workouts but today I had one small meal at breakfast and one small lunch and a light dinner and getting alot of reflux and food just feels likes it's sitting there.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I did not have sustainable results off turmeric or curcumin. I had one brief moment where my joints felt like they were brand new, and it never happened again. I have also read that it can negatively affect testosterone or DHT. I can't remember which.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I take about a 1.5 teaspoons turmeric ED from Costco (the bulk cooking powder form super cheap) I grind fresh black pepper and the turmeric into a protein shake with about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. My knee is 90% better, but I skipped this formulation for about a week after having all my teeth pulled. My knee pain came back and it takes about 2 weeks for the anti inflammation effects to resume. IMO less is more and turmeric is noted to have the same digestive lining irritations as aspirin or NSAID's.

Makes sense more is going to be problematic.

Again......enough is enough.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I take about a 1.5 teaspoons turmeric ED from Costco (the bulk cooking powder form super cheap) I grind fresh black pepper and the turmeric into a protein shake with about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. My knee is 90% better, but I skipped this formulation for about a week after having all my teeth pulled. My knee pain came back and it takes about 2 weeks for the anti inflammation effects to resume. IMO less is more and turmeric is noted to have the same digestive lining irritations as aspirin or NSAID's.

Makes sense more is going to be problematic.

Again......enough is enough.
Thanks for the feedback. I am backing down. I always have taken tumeric for the heart as it is proven to reduce cardiomyopathy plus joints get a nice boost.
The digestive issues you mention may be just the answer I was looking for.
I am going to back it off to EOD dosing pre-workout like I used to.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic