Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

TRT conception protocol

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I've been taking 160mg/week of test cyp for 5 years and recently started HCG at 500iu 3x/week. I know some run clomid along with it. Think HCG alone will do the trick? Maybe a higher dose of HCG? I've been on it for 2 weeks now and testes seem about the same grape size they've been, maybe a tad larger...not sure. Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks.

Reactions: CFM
W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
HCG alone should be enough, clomid and other similar SERMs will blunt GH/IGF-I. I have run HCG with HRT for decades, I don't respond anything like I used to. Testes would get noticeable bigger, now slightly bigger grapes is all I get. If you go a SERM, use encolmidfene (the pro-androgenic, estrogenic blocking) component of clomifene. If this is for pregnancy, it may take a while to become fertile again and require encolmidfene or HMG. Have a sperm analysis done and see where you're at and track response to treatment.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I've been taking 160mg/week of test cyp for 5 years and recently started HCG at 500iu 3x/week. I know some run clomid along with it. Think HCG alone will do the trick? Maybe a higher dose of HCG? I've been on it for 2 weeks now and testes seem about the same grape size they've been, maybe a tad larger...not sure. Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks.
I would not increase HCG. In my opinion 500/7 days is well above the protocols I have seen. I take 400iuE4D. Do not damage your leydig cells you might need them someday.

HCG alone should be enough, clomid and other similar SERMs will blunt GH/IGF-I. I have run HCG with HRT for decades, I don't respond anything like I used to. Testes would get noticeable bigger, now slightly bigger grapes is all I get. If you go a SERM, use encolmidfene (the pro-androgenic, estrogenic blocking) component of clomifene. If this is for pregnancy, it may take a while to become fertile again and require encolmidfene or HMG. Have a sperm analysis done and see where you're at and track response to treatment.
Take a break, that is what I do. When I go back on HCG my sex drive picks up and my balls fill back up in about a week.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
If you've been on that long it will take some time, months likely.... a couple years ago I came off after years and just did 10mg/IM QD for "real TRT" (ie, teenager production amount) and I was taking 3000IU EOD for months 50mg clomid ... sperm count barely budged... started HMG 75iu EOD and dropped clomid (IIRC), sperm count to normal pretty quickly after. As @Wilson6 said, tracking your sperm is really what will tell you what's working.

Legit things in the journals that will support sperm production and health (but at work right now and don't feel like looking up the references :))...
- black see oil, 5mL QD
- Taurine, 3-5 grams, two to three times a day
- Glutathione, inject, 600mg EOD (some do ED)
- cinnamon, 5 grams QD
- vitamin E, 400iu QD
- Vitamin C, 500-1000 mg QD

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Everyone is different when it comes to fertility on TRT. I had to come off completely. Ran the hmg/hcg protocol for 3 months and clomid. Took about 6 months in total to get great numbers back, and get the job done.

I know others who have been on for decades and conceived without hcg or anything.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Everyone is different when it comes to fertility on TRT. I had to come off completely. Ran the hmg/hcg protocol for 3 months and clomid. Took about 6 months in total to get great numbers back, and get the job done.

I know others who have been on for decades and conceived without hcg or anything.
Exactly. Years ago they looked at test E 200 mg/wk as a male contraceptive, also added progesterone to that. In the end, there was considerable variability. Some guys tanked, some didn't and there was everything in the middle. A friend got his girlfriend pregnant twice while prepping for national levels shows, no HCG or SERMs. Just depends. Its like women on a cycle that don't have a period, think they won't get pregnant. Doesn't work that way.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Give it a little more time. I'm assuming you are still on test. If not then I would run it higher like doing a restart. A few years ago I did an 8 week off all AAS including test and at 750 iu MWF I was in the mid range by today's standards ~450 ng/dL range. If you're just using it to restore testes function for production of pregnenolone, DHEA and some neurosteroids etc then your 500 iu a few days a week should help over time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic