Latest Member
jacobss

RIP Ray Pierce (aka Big Dam Ray)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Just got word from Beverly McDaniel (who was a member here a few years back), that BDR passed away today, from cancer. I got to know Ray over at AFboard for many years as a fellow Moderator. He joined around 2007/08. You couldn't meet a nicer, and respectful, man out there. He had a great personality and humor. He would make fun of his height, and he'd laughed when we made fun of it as well. I think he was only like 5'4" or something like that. The only thing bigger than his size, strength, and poundages, was his big heart. Guy would give the shirt off his back to help anybody. I never got to meet him in person, but will miss the fun we all had back in the day, and his training log, where he would totally crush the weights.

IIRC, I believe due to years of chronic high blood pressure, he developed kidney disease. He received a transplant a few years back, but the anti-rejection meds dropped his immune system, and he then developed cancer. It was a rare and aggressive form of cancer that quickly brought the big man down....just sickens me a good man went through this, a fellow friend, and warrior.

RIP Ray, our good friend. You will not be forgotten, brother:(:cool:

AND FUCK CANCER!:mad:

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Damn I hate to hear that. Rest easy big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, FUCK CANCER.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I remember BDR very well from AF, man death comes for all of us eventually sounds like formhis family (and him) that it was not a long drawn out affair with a lot of suffering.
I lost a loved one to bladder cancer just over a year ago and it was drawn out and sad.
Blessings to his family.

Q

Q-ball

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Sorry to hear about your friend. May he rest in peace

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I remember BDR very well from AF, man death comes for all of us eventually sounds like formhis family (and him) that it was not a long drawn out affair with a lot of suffering.
I lost a loved one to bladder cancer just over a year ago and it was drawn out and sad.
Blessings to his family.
Yea, he trained mostly (or a lot) at the Metroflex in Texas with Branch Warren and everybody.

When he first joined AF, he was taking like 500mg/d of Anadrol, a lot of test and nandrolone, and I can't remember what else. We were like HOLY SHIT! We got him to drop the doses to almost nothing, except a run here and there like most of us do now. He had very high blood pressure for a long time that damaged his kidneys. He may have also had some underlying kidney issue that was exacerbated from the BPO, but I can't remember at this point. Guy was thick AF though. He dropped his weight big time the last year or two he was on the forum, as well as retired from powerlifting/competing. He was like 275+ pounds at like 5'3" or 5'4"...and got it way down by the end. Not long after he stopped posting, he started getting the kidney issues.

There were a lot of the powerlifting crowd at AF who knew him in person, but he was a damn good guy to talk to, great personality and able to give/take jokes. He was never the one to get into any of the drama posts and stuff. He was a true asset to that forum when he was on it.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
It sucks when death comes for one of the good ones.

This is one of the reasons that I don't walk around at 280+ pounds anymore. It's not worth it. That little blood pressure problem that you fight in your 20s and 30s turns into renal failure in your 40s and 50s.

This is a lesson to all of the young guys who play the size and power game. If you're not making money at it, stay at a reasonable size. I remember all of the time I spent in my 20s trying to go over 300 pounds. I worked and I ate and I worked and I ate and I worked and I ate. I can't even imagine all of the damage that I did to my body questing after a number that never made me a nickel. I could have been a rock solid 240 and lived like a champion and saved a ton of money, time and wear and tear on my body.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic