Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Proud of my kiddos

Dawgpound Hank

Dawgpound Hank

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2023
Heck yeah BMJ! They grow up so fast it's scary dude - my sons 11 & seems like the other day he was 4. He's a brainiac, not into sports much at all. He played little league baseball a couple years, but just isn't the young "jock" like I was haha. And it's OK with me - he's been in the gifted classes at school since they started having them in 4th grade. His reading & math is on high school level. I'm so proud of him too. Crazy thing is, even though not into sports, he loves going to the gym with me and killing it! Last year he couldn't even do 1 push-up - now he can do 30. He's been going to the gym with me on & off since he was 4, and prolly knows more than 75% of most gym goers regarding exercises, form & what muscles they work. Keep being that great dad amigo! :)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Heck yeah BMJ! They grow up so fast it's scary dude - my sons 11 & seems like the other day he was 4. He's a brainiac, not into sports much at all. He played little league baseball a couple years, but just isn't the young "jock" like I was haha. And it's OK with me - he's been in the gifted classes at school since they started having them in 4th grade. His reading & math is on high school level. I'm so proud of him too. Crazy thing is, even though not into sports, he loves going to the gym with me and killing it! Last year he couldn't even do 1 push-up - now he can do 30. He's been going to the gym with me on & off since he was 4, and prolly knows more than 75% of most gym goers regarding exercises, form & what muscles they work. Keep being that great dad amigo! :)
Yea DPH, that's probably the direction my son is headed too.....although, probably not quite to the level of your son from an academic standpoint. That is really cool that jr. is heading in the right direction! You are so right, it seems like just yesterday your son was born, it's crazy. I'm hoping my son gets more into the gym with me. I had him and my daughter training for a few weeks over the summer, lol. Then it got to like 110+ degrees and they threw in the towel. They went to Universal Studios and Knott's Berry Farm with their mother and aunt, and when they came back.....no interest at all. I train at home right now, so in due time, when I head back to an actual gym, maybe he may want to head there with me. I'm gonna get them back out there soon within the next week or two though....now that it is cooling off.

Does Jr. have any interest in individual sports like track, cross country, tennis, golf, or even stuff like boxing, wrestling or Jiu Jitsu, etc?

My son likes soccer, but he just doesn't have the drive to practice and get better like all the rest of the kids out here. Some of these kids play it every day and every minute they have free time. He's played basketball for a few seasons, but this current term, he didn't want to play at all, so I didn't push it too much. I made him go out and do cross country though because I wanted him to get his feet wet into an individual sport. I need to try and get him into something like wrestling and boxing. Anything he does, my daughter wants to be right there doing it too, lol.

My daughter is a whole different animal though. She has so much potential, and I think she gets embarrassed beating other kids in stuff like running in her PE class, so she sandbags it a lot. When I get after her, she passes all the kids up easily, lol. When I see her on recess or in her after school program playing sports, she is telling all the other kids what to do and ordering them to do stuff, haha. I didn't even know she knew how to play some of the different sports either.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Considering that obesity is starting to become one of the biggest health issues in America I do think it's important to have him pick at least one type of sports activity and the rest is up to him. I've seen so many friends have health issues due to inactivity. One of my friends is constantly constipated cause he won't get his fat ass out of his recliner. He would rather take linzest every couple of days and shit from morning till bedtime while he sits in his recliner waiting for the next movement to come along.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic