Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I’m now the proud parent of an NHSCA All-American

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Thanks everyone! I’m hoping she gives me another 8-10 years of great moments/memories! State championship, college scholarships, NCCA all-American, NCAA nation champ, maybe some Olympics, but I’ll take what I can get, lol… thanks for letting me express my admiration of her!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Love these posts! It's like we have been following along with her....and your's, journey for many years now and living through your posts, lol:cool:

I actually mentioned your daughter to the PE coaches where I work that female wrestling is getting pretty big, especially down in places like Texas et al.
Every tournament we’ve been too, the Texas wrestlers have definitely been some of the toughest. I had no idea wrestling was so big down there, all you normally hear about is high school football.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That is so f...ing awesome!!!! how tight do your shirts feel... chest all puffed out with pride I bet!!!! love hearing this kind os news.
Congratulations to her and kudos to you for supporting her!!!
I think I ripped a seam, lol….. I was extremely proud, even her losses were sooo close. Her 5th place match she was beating a girl ranked 12th in the nation but with ONE SECOND left got called for a clasping penalty which tied it and then lost in OT…. She was super bummed but is starting to see the bright side of giving such a highly ranked girl a tough match

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Brother, that is fucking awesome! She continues to improve. Looking at a state championship next year.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Brother, that is exiting! Your daughter will gain loads of self discipline form this as well as strength and confidence. Ladies Wrestling has exploded in the last 10 years. When we were kids I remember a girl simply tried out for the wrestling team and it made the reginal news.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Brother, that is fucking awesome! She continues to improve. Looking at a state championship next year.
That would be amazing! She has one of the states highest nationally ranked wrestlers in her weight class so it’ll be tough but she’s improved against her each time they’ve wrestled. I’m hoping they meet a few times this off season.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Brother, that is exiting! Your daughter will gain loads of self discipline form this as well as strength and confidence. Ladies Wrestling has exploded in the last 10 years. When we were kids I remember a girl simply tried out for the wrestling team and it made the reginal news.
Yeah it’s exploded. We had one girl wrestle on our boys team in high school. My daughters varsity team was only missing one weight class and they even had half of a JV team.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
A lot of "life lessons" can be learned from sports, maybe more so for females in a male-dominated world ... maybe even more so in a solo, rather than team, sport.

Get ready, Proud Poppa, she'll be heading from HS to NCAA soon, where advanced training Life Lessons are taught.

Thanks for sharing your journey here ... we "Adults" need constant refresher courses :)

G

Get it in ya

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2023
So awesome!!! Congrats!! I watch a good amount of high school wrestling and I’m amazed how many tough good female wrestlers there are. In the 90’s you did not see this

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
That is something that she should be so proud of achieving! And you should be proud of yourself for the sacrifices you made along the way to help her get there!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic