Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

GH

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I have heard it mentioned in a YouTube channel I like to listen to that you can test yourself for specific types of cancers. This is in regard to taking GH and the risks of it speeding up the growth of cancer in the body.
Can anyone shed light on this topic if you have some knowledge on it.
Also I have seen that many woman take GH steady all year round or for long cycles as they see fit and then cycle AAS on top of their GH. Also would love to learn more about that if anyone has experience there's aswell.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I have heard it mentioned in a YouTube channel I like to listen to that you can test yourself for specific types of cancers. This is in regard to taking GH and the risks of it speeding up the growth of cancer in the body.
Can anyone shed light on this topic if you have some knowledge on it.
Also I have seen that many woman take GH steady all year round or for long cycles as they see fit and then cycle AAS on top of their GH. Also would love to learn more about that if anyone has experience there's aswell.
If they're telling people it's a way to test themselves that is incredibly dangerous. HGH, low and high levels of igf1 contribute they don't cause. As far as females and GH I should probably ask what are you goals? Athlete(which kind), pro bodybuilder, general fitness.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
If they're telling people it's a way to test themselves that is incredibly dangerous. HGH, low and high levels of igf1 contribute they don't cause. As far as females and GH I should probably ask what are you goals? Athlete(which kind), pro bodybuilder, general fitness.
Maybe I didn't explain that well. I meant I heard you can do a type of genetic test to see if your predisposed to getting specific types of cancer. So I guess you could rule that out prior to taking GH.
GH sorta freaks me out because of that aspect that it speeds growth of bad things if your already have them.
I'm an active competitor in Figure and WPD. Just did a show 3 weeks ago. Taking a nice year and a half to build before I start my next prep. Next show date July 2025
I will be getting back on cycle in the next few months or sooner depending on when my period returns.
GH interests me but I haven't done much research due to the fears around it. I would love to know more about it. Maybe it's not as risky as I've been told.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Maybe I didn't explain that well. I meant I heard you can do a type of genetic test to see if your predisposed to getting specific types of cancer. So I guess you could rule that out prior to taking GH.
GH sorta freaks me out because of that aspect that it speeds growth of bad things if your already have them.
I'm an active competitor in Figure and WPD. Just did a show 3 weeks ago. Taking a nice year and a half to build before I start my next prep. Next show date July 2025
I will be getting back on cycle in the next few months or sooner depending on when my period returns.
GH interests me but I haven't done much research due to the fears around it. I would love to know more about it. Maybe it's not as risky as I've been told.
Pretty sure @genetic freak might be the best person to ask about contest prep. Gh has its place, most people don't see themselves in reality when they abuse a drug. Gh abuse along with/wo insulin can cause Palumboism. Palumboism is more prominent in males but look at the attached picture what looks off. Granted could be the angle of the photo but...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-19-21-26-14-43_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-19-21-26-14-43_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 58
S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Obviously taking way to much. This could be categorized as GH abuse. Pure stupidity. I'm not a stage competitor but I'm pretty sure most pros stop Gh wks prior to a show. Off season use for females would be 1-2iu's day max.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Obviously taking way to much. This could be categorized as GH abuse. Pure stupidity. I'm not a stage competitor but I'm pretty sure most pros stop Gh wks prior to a show. Off season use for females would be 1-2iu's day max.
Correct, I stated abuse with the cautionary tale most abusers don't self evaluate / acknowledge they are abusing. Our minds lie to us all the time. I think I look great in front of a mirror but if you take a picture I think I look horrible.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Just had this conversation with a guy at the gym. GH is somatotropin, soma (whole of the organism or body). It makes everything grow, not just skeletal muscle (see pic above). It is also very expensive if you can get the real product. Women seem to be attracted to it bc it is not virilizing but it is by itself not a good anabolic agent for increasing skeletal muscle mass and is certainly not side effect free. Decades ago we had a drawer at the lab full of Genentech rGH and rIGF-I. Ended up throwing it out. We were looking to increase lean muscle mass in aging rats, ended up using oxandrolone pellets instead. All the lit showed that yes GH increased muscle but relative to body mass, it did not. Everything other organ grew along with it. That's not what we wanted. The oxandrolone however worked well, no surprise.

Developing a physique takes time, guys can run a test base or PCT to bring their own T up during off situation use as I like to call it to hold some size, women don't bc they fear virilizing sides so they shrink and virilization is time/dose/drug dependent and very genetic like hair loss. One female masters physique I train used to run cycles of WIN 10 mg/d, would grow and shrink, never really got anywhere. Ended up running TC 40 mg/ND 20 mg three times a week off season, then 20 mg/d oxandrolone (VAR) for contest prep 10 weeks out and switching out the ND about 6 weeks out with masteron prop 40 mg 3x/wk. That is the only way she has been able to continue to add mass and refine her physique. Her level of virilization is mild even after years of this. Labs wo var look like she takes nothing, no acne or hair loss. She is a freak, other women would turn overnight. I also train a 58 yr old post breast cancer survivor, on a pellet of testosterone and anastrozole. Has to keep her E2 < 5pg/ml. Her total T just before the next pellet was 450 ng/dl and about 3 weeks after about 800, labs are perfect again wouldn't know she has a T level of a gifted young guy. Some hair shedding and her doc added finasteride to her pellet and that resolved the problem. Has the physique of fit 25 yr old NPC level figure girl. These are not recommendations, only observations. The internet is a wild west of bro science and bullshit. The only real studies we have on women is in the trans literature and the studies from the 60's in metastatic breast cancer. What works for one doesn't always work for another.

It is all very individual and no matter what you do, at some point you will have permanent virilization even with cycling.

What's the purpose of waiting until your menstrual cycle returns just to shut it down again? Are you planning on having kids? You won't see the changes that you don't want happening in the mirror bc you'll be focused on gaining muscle. Once those changes have happened most don't go back. Be sure you know what you're getting into.

Virilization aside, IMO non-medical, the lowest risk compounds (based on the clinical literature) are testosterone, nandrolone, masteron, primobolan and for an oral, oxandrolone and none in high doses. Going back to studies decades ago when drug companies were looking at various AAS development, the science not bro-science showed that most of these have almost the same anabolic potential, it is what else they do or don't do that separates them. Sure they all work, but what else do they do that you don't want to happen (the stuff that can become life threatening, not virilization).

Stick with the lowest risk options. Looks like you're a Canadian?, less to be concerned with regarding personal use/possession and the law than the US.

Good luck.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Some pull it a week or two out, some a day or two out and some not at all. It is the same for test, some pull it and some don't.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Just had this conversation with a guy at the gym. GH is somatotropin, soma (whole of the organism or body). It makes everything grow, not just skeletal muscle (see pic above). It is also very expensive if you can get the real product. Women seem to be attracted to it bc it is not virilizing but it is by itself not a good anabolic agent for increasing skeletal muscle mass and is certainly not side effect free. Decades ago we had a drawer at the lab full of Genentech rGH and rIGF-I. Ended up throwing it out. We were looking to increase lean muscle mass in aging rats, ended up using oxandrolone pellets instead. All the lit showed that yes GH increased muscle but relative to body mass, it did not. Everything other organ grew along with it. That's not what we wanted. The oxandrolone however worked well, no surprise.

Developing a physique takes time, guys can run a test base or PCT to bring their own T up during off situation use as I like to call it to hold some size, women don't bc they fear virilizing sides so they shrink and virilization is time/dose/drug dependent and very genetic like hair loss. One female masters physique I train used to run cycles of WIN 10 mg/d, would grow and shrink, never really got anywhere. Ended up running TC 40 mg/ND 20 mg three times a week off season, then 20 mg/d oxandrolone (VAR) for contest prep 10 weeks out and switching out the ND about 6 weeks out with masteron prop 40 mg 3x/wk. That is the only way she has been able to continue to add mass and refine her physique. Her level of virilization is mild even after years of this. Labs wo var look like she takes nothing, no acne or hair loss. She is a freak, other women would turn overnight. I also train a 58 yr old post breast cancer survivor, on a pellet of testosterone and anastrozole. Has to keep her E2 < 5pg/ml. Her total T just before the next pellet was 450 ng/dl and about 3 weeks after about 800, labs are perfect again wouldn't know she has a T level of a gifted young guy. Some hair shedding and her doc added finasteride to her pellet and that resolved the problem. Has the physique of fit 25 yr old NPC level figure girl. These are not recommendations, only observations. The internet is a wild west of bro science and bullshit. The only real studies we have on women is in the trans literature and the studies from the 60's in metastatic breast cancer. What works for one doesn't always work for another.

It is all very individual and no matter what you do, at some point you will have permanent virilization even with cycling.

What's the purpose of waiting until your menstrual cycle returns just to shut it down again? Are you planning on having kids? You won't see the changes that you don't want happening in the mirror bc you'll be focused on gaining muscle. Once those changes have happened most don't go back. Be sure you know what you're getting into.

Virilization aside, IMO non-medical, the lowest risk compounds (based on the clinical literature) are testosterone, nandrolone, masteron, primobolan and for an oral, oxandrolone and none in high doses. Going back to studies decades ago when drug companies were looking at various AAS development, the science not bro-science showed that most of these have almost the same anabolic potential, it is what else they do or don't do that separates them. Sure they all work, but what else do they do that you don't want to happen (the stuff that can become life threatening, not virilization).

Stick with the lowest risk options. Looks like you're a Canadian?, less to be concerned with regarding personal use/possession and the law than the US.

Good luck.
Are you still in the research field? If so what specialty?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Are you still in the research field? If so what specialty?
That was in grad school in the 90's. No research now. Should have gone MD/PHD, too stupid when I was young.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic