Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

FatLoss Cycle:TRT/Var/Sema/DNP

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You are probably eating too much on the weekends thus negating what you worked hard for during the weekdays. I would try to work on that first, and if possible, track calories at least once for a weekday to see exactly what you are eating. Diet is breaking you from your goals my friend;)
Hate to admit it but you are right, if Im gonna add the Var and DNP I might as well make a go for it. Thanks.
I concur with BMJ. This is something I see with clients frequently when I give them a free meal or cheat day. Their progress, if any, is slow. I end up pulling their free meal or cheat day and the next thing you know they are back to losing 2 lbs a week until it slows down around 10% for guys and 14% for gals.

My recommendation would be to have low, medium and high days. Non-training or non-lifting days are low days with less than 50 grams of carbs, medium days are lifting days where you take in anywhere from 150-250 grams of carbs depending size, insulin sensitivity, how hard you train, etc... and make one lifting day a high day where you replenish your glycogen stores with 400+ grams of carbs. Every one of my clients is on a similar program. They have carbs when they need them and can maximize fat loss on days they don't. Keep fats between 50-75 g a day and protein is dependent on your bodyweight, but I tend to shoot for around 1.25 to 1.5 grams per/lbs of bodyweight. You can get down to 7-8% BF even at 50+ years old without any drugs (endocrine system dependent) doing this. If you still struggle, you need to look at your training intensity (you are likely training like a pussy) or your recovery sucks ass (get some damn sleep).

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
You are probably eating too much on the weekends thus negating what you worked hard for during the weekdays. I would try to work on that first, and if possible, track calories at least once for a weekday to see exactly what you are eating. Diet is breaking you from your goals my friend;)
I think this is a good point many don't think about (I know I haven't before)... one, many will have a "cheat day" rather than a cheat meal, and if they do only have a cheat meal, it's still so large that they go over the weekly average of their Kcals. The Kcals of the cheat should still fit within your desired calorie intake, maybe a few hundred calories over at the most if you're looking "refill" stores and/or raise liver glycogen to help thyroid output for the rest of the week.

Addendum- I didn't even see @genetic freak post above... he said it better... disregard :D

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I think this is a good point many don't think about (I know I haven't before)... one, many will have a "cheat day" rather than a cheat meal, and if they do only have a cheat meal, it's still so large that they go over the weekly average of their Kcals. The Kcals of the cheat should still fit within your desired calorie intake, maybe a few hundred calories over at the most if you're looking "refill" stores and/or raise liver glycogen to help thyroid output for the rest of the week.

Addendum- I didn't even see @genetic freak post above... he said it better... disregard :D
I didn't say it any better brother. Haha.

To caveat off the cheat meal turning into a cheat day. One way to mitigate this is for the cheat meal to be the very last meal of the day. The closer to bedtime the better. This will help keep the ghrelin under control. The earlier you eat that cheat meal the more discipline you will need to muster throughout the day to keep from munching.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I didn't say it any better brother. Haha.

To caveat off the cheat meal turning into a cheat day. One way to mitigate this is for the cheat meal to be the very last meal of the day. The closer to bedtime the better. This will help keep the ghrelin under control. The earlier you eat that cheat meal the more discipline you will need to muster throughout the day to keep from munching.
good practical point on the meal timing and ghrelin actually.... it seems people are in two camps, "abstainers" or "moderators", in that some just cannot stop once they start, sadly, I admit that's me, it's "impossible" for me to have ONE cookie, or TWO, no way Jose... but then some weirdo's are "moderators", they CAN have just a few bites of something and then say, "Ok, I'm satisfied" (I think they're psychopaths :D)... If I go out to eat with the family for breakfast and have an omlette and pancakes, go home, sleep, wake up craving more junk.

Ghrelin- i JUST found this so i haven't tried it myself but l-cysteine seems to help suppress Ghrelin in humans, 0.07 grams/kg (70mg/kg)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic