What's New?

Face Peel

• Thread starter The other Snake
  • Start Date
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
This will be a little rundown on how I go about my face peel. Once you have selected the chemical peel you want, figure on not wanting to see anyone for about 5-6 days. It's not a bad idea to start with a light peel. I started with a salicylic/lactic low percentage peel. I now use a 25% TCA peel but the process is all the same.

Shave 12 hr before the peel. You're not going to want to shave for a few days because your skin is going to be grumpy with you. Get a big box fan and plug it in in front of the mirror. Don't do this and you will be sorry. Fill the sink with water and add baking soda, 2 heaping tablespoons is fine. This will be for your final wash or if you get any peel in your eyes.

Use a small shot glass to put the peel in about 3/4 full. Put on some rubber gloves to protect your fingers. To prevent the peel from getting on your lips, use some chapstick before you apply the peel. Dip a cotton ball in the chemical, squeeze it out so it doesn't drip. Start applying from top to bottom and be careful that it doesn't drip. If it drips down your chin, wipe it off with a towel immediately or you'll have a nasty burn. For around the eyes, I use a Q-tip.

By the time you have your first coat complete, your face is going to feel on fire. The party just got started. Here's where the box fan comes in. Turn it on and get your face in front of it. It's going to burn like a son of a bitch for about the first 2 minutes and will start to subside after that. After about 5 min in front of the fan you should feel better. Depending on the chemical you have chosen and the strength, you may see it has started to frost.

I would recommend a second coat to make sure it's applied evenly. I have done 3 coats of the TCA 25% and it's not fun. Typically on the second coat that you had to talk yourself into, your eyes will probably be watering and your nose running.

Once you're done with the peel, naturalize it with the baking soda water. Some say it's not needed but I do it anyway. You'll notice a little burning sensation again when the water hits your face but nothing like the peel application. Pat your face dry and go about your day.

What to expect after the peel depends on the person:

The frosting on your face will go away in about 30 min or so. Your face will feel like it's wind burned or sunburned. The next day it will feel tight. Day 3-4 your face may look like leather in some spots and feel like there is paint on it. Don't go out in public because you're just going to scare the children. This is the real ugly stage. Day 4-6 you will start to peel if you used a strong solution. It's recommended you don't pick at it but you'll not be able to help yourself.

Once your face has completely peeled, it may be a little red for a day or two. Your skin will be slightly lighter. I don't recommend doing this in the summer because you'll lose your tan and you need to protect your face for another week. You can apply a SPF if you will be in the sun. I found a notable difference at about the 2 week mark.

Wait about 2-3 months to reapply and give yourself time to forget how much it sucked. The first peel may help a lot with discoloration and age spots. The second peel will help more with fine lines.

If you grab your balls and jump, good luck and hit me up with any questions. Just remember, this won't fix ugly.

20200226_223802~2.jpg
Frosting right after the peel

PXL_20231202_145630649.MP~3.jpg
Discoloration. Day 3-4

20200125_082544~2.jpg
Final peel. Day 4-6

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
How about some before and after pics, because that looks very freaky.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thanks bro, I have a beard but I may use it on the rest of my face. Mostly for the ole lady. She is going for some needling thing that I am sure will not be cheap. Appreciate the time you put in to do this.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Thanks bro, I have a beard but I may use it on the rest of my face. Mostly for the ole lady. She is going for some needling thing that I am sure will not be cheap. Appreciate the time you put in to do this.
You can spot use it with success. Hit me up if you need anything or have any questions

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic