VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I have some but have not tried it yet.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Unrelated.......I love me a clomid & HCG cycle. I am interested in knowing more about enclomiphene citrate.

Preliminary investigation the dosage required is not cost effective for me.

Last edited:
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Unrelated.......I love me a clomid & HCG cycle. I am interested in knowing more about enclomiphene citrate.

I used to love HCG back in the day....but not sure what changed but since 2005 every type and even microdosing HCG I get nauseous and achy breaky . Includes scripted USPharm and Pregnyl as well.
Some research companies sell enclomiphene...amino asylum comes to mind but a quick search may yield more results.
I never had a problem with clomid so the extra expense wouldn't be worth it for me. I have thought of trying HMG but the cost is also prohibitive for me.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
@Massive G
I like to take a break once a year from TRT and run HCG and Clomid. Cannot say I get aches and pains and I do run HCG with Test year round. I figure I am 60 with 49 years of lifting hence my hair hurts.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Dose and duration you are planning?
I'm not sure yet. The way to run it would be to come off after 2-4 week on hCG last two weeks of cycle and 2 weeks after. Introduce enclom after a week off and run for 4 weeks. Test 8 weeks after that. So looking at a full 12 weeks off to see if the restart took. I probably wont do that the first ime I use it. I will probably do the hCG end of cycle, 2 weeks after and 1 week after last shot add in enclom. Then at week 6 off test to see where test, LH and FSH are just to see if the drug works as advertised.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019

Clomiphene is a mix of two isomers zuclomiphene (38%) and enclomiphene (62%). Zuclomiphene is more estrogenic, whereas enclomiphene is more anti-estrogenic, thus pure ENCL is more efficacious for hypogonadal males and raising testosterone. The only issue with these drugs is that they reduce IGF-I and blunt the GH response. The argument is that IGF-I causes cancer (although the GH/cancer association is weak and discussed in another thread) so if one raises T and decreases IGF-I, one would reduce the prostate cancer risk, also assuming T causes prostate cancer and we now know it does not. GH is a key regulator of hepatic and extra-hepatic (muscle) IGF-I production, and GH regulates myostatin production (low GH = higher myostatin = blunted muscle hypertrophy). I would like to see is a study where subjects are given T + hCG (to maintain fertility) or enclomiphene to raise T to about the same levels, then measure changes in lean/fat mass, BMD, QOL, hormones, erectile function, libido, etc of a year period time. That would really help sort this out. A combined ENCL + GH study would also be interesting.

D

DocOxRedox

Feb 25, 2024
A buddy asked about this--enclomiphene citrate. Had never heard of it before. Did a search here and it is mentioned in another TRT thread.
Anyone else tried it or know anyone who's used it? Basically, did it work very well?
Here's a link to an interesting study--
My insurance wouldn't cover enclomiphene w/o addtional headache AND no one in my region compounds it. I am currently on clomid 25mg/day and 25mg of exemestane EOD my total T is 807 and free is 417. I will be likely switching to either anastozole or letrozole for a better terminal half-life, therefore more stable long term blood plasma levels. For a quick cost comparison I think I'm paying about $30/month for my combo vs the $130 or so depending on the online vendor.

Several studies show that AI's reduce SHBG so I suspect that is why free/bio test is going up. I also came across one yesterday in a Letrozole study that had the following results:

Total testosterone rose from 5.9+/-0.5 to 19.6+/-1.4 nmol/l (P<0.001), and free testosterone from 163+/-13 to 604+/-50 pmol/l (P<0.001). Total testosterone rose to within the normal range in all subjects, whereas free testosterone rose to supraphysiological levels in 7 out of 12 men. The testosterone and E(2) levels were stable throughout the week and during the 6-month treatment period.

It appears that the potential for some to have a positive response that could mimic teenage/early 20's free/bio available potential is there. Admittedly, my research revolves around studies and their results on LH, FSH, SHBG and bio/free test. Total T doesn't mean squat if your SHBG is chewing up its bioavailibility.

I'd love to see someone here on injectable HRT/TRT add an AI for 2 months just to see what happens to free/bio T, before and after. In theory it should rise but I cannot find any studies yet that have been conducted as such and/or only abbrevated abstracts are available on pubmed/NCBI.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic