Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Drying Out for a Show

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I used this technique for my last contest and it works extremely well. I use an Ozark Trail Folding Cot, Mainstays Home Bed Extenders and 4 pieces of 2x4. The bed extenders come in a 4 pack, so just stack them so you have 2 pedestals for the foot. This will give you the correct foot height to achieve the 6 degree angle. If you take 2 2x4 blocks and stack them they are the perfect height for the center support. Then I just tape the pedestals to the foot, so the cot does not slide off. The angle is not bad enough to cause a headache or head rush. I guess if your BP was really high then it might, but I was fine and I have loaned it to some powerlifters who had to make weight and they didn't have any issues.

Anyways, doing this along with some water manipulation and the following diuretics: two shots of crown the night prior and 3 grams of vitamin C to start then 1 gram every 2 hours the day prior up until I cut off water, Weigh in was at 5 pm Friday and I woke up Saturday morning 13.1 lbs lighter. The lighter than my trial runs without the hold down tilt technique by 4 lbs.
That's FREAKING excellent, love it.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I was listening to Dr. Todd Lee and Dr. Mike Israetel in the gym today, so I am not sure which one mentioned it, but they said newer fat cells hold a lot less water than older fat cells. The idea was the more often you reach contest condition the less of the older fat cells you will have and the better you will look on stage, so if you competed each year for 5 years, had the same amount of muscle for each show and your bodyfat was 4% for each show, you would still look better each show due to holding less water.
That is super interesting to me because I had heard that you don’t lose fat cells, the best you can do is make each one thinner. Are the doctors saying that the old ones die off after a while?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is super interesting to me because I had heard that you don’t lose fat cells, the best you can do is make each one thinner. Are the doctors saying that the old ones die off after a while?
Not sure, I was working out while listening to the podcast. They could have very well been talking about them shrinking and not actually burning off. The big take away I got from it, is the more often you get into contest shape the better you will look each time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic