Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Blood Sugar Problem

M

MFTarzan

Mar 9, 2024
Okay, I will begin this by stating that I already have a very good immunologist. This isn't really a health related question. I simply don't train bodybulding (weightlifting and sprinting) and am not sure how to proceed with this issue.

I am immunocompromised and have started IVIG infusions. The infusions come in bottles also containing lots of glucose. The first infusion I have done already, and the hunger spike I had lasted about 3.5 days. I currently have to take this drug called topiramate (horrid; only use this if you have to) which greatly diminishes appetite as well, so I can't imagine how bad this would have been full bore.

Is possibly there any effect of glucose from the infusion on insulin and some way I can at least utilize this brief hunger spike for hypertrophy, or am I just screwed and need to program in additional cardio? Sorry that this is such a weird question. I don't really know about training for hypertrophy at this level, only sport. I just can't take 2+ kg of fat every 28 days like this.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic