Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Big bad ASS!

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I always kill my legs. My legs always take priority in my training splits. I'm definitely an experienced lifter but I don't believe I can ever know enough so I spend a lot of time listening to YouTube videos. Found a channel that was new to me. Got a few extremely useful tips for thrusts and kick backs. I wanted to share for anyone interested. Such a small position tweak made a huge difference in activating my glute way more accurately. Enjoy!accurately.https://youtu.be/b2JYt_9N6Pc

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I always kill my legs. My legs always take priority in my training splits. I'm definitely an experienced lifter but I don't believe I can ever know enough so I spend a lot of time listening to YouTube videos. Found a channel that was new to me. Got a few extremely useful tips for thrusts and kick backs. I wanted to share for anyone interested. Such a small position tweak made a huge difference in activating my glute way more accurately. Enjoy!accurately.https://youtu.be/b2JYt_9N6Pc

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
The glute scoop as he describes it is critical to taking the lower back out of the hip thruster. Same applies to using a GHD or 45 degree extn bench for glutes vs lower back. Think about the axis of rotation and what joint that involves. You want it to be the hips if the glutes are targeted. Think about fucking. If you have whoever bent over the kitchen table, do you glute scoop or hip hinge? You glute scoop. I tell my clients it is just like fucking. Attached are a couple of pics of a competitor doing the same on a GHD. Note the thoracic remains flexed, the pelvis is thrust into the GHD and the axis of rotation is hips (hips out in front of the pads). This is an advanced move but really targets the glutes. It does not involve dynamic back extension.

Attachments

• GHD 1.jpg
    GHD 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 44
  • GHD 2.jpg
    GHD 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 43
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The glute scoop as he describes it is critical to taking the lower back out of the hip thruster. Same applies to using a GHD or 45 degree extn bench for glutes vs lower back. Think about the axis of rotation and what joint that involves. You want it to be the hips if the glutes are targeted. Think about fucking. If you have whoever bent over the kitchen table, do you glute scoop or hip hinge? You glute scoop. I tell my clients it is just like fucking. Attached are a couple of pics of a competitor doing the same on a GHD. Note the thoracic remains flexed, the pelvis is thrust into the GHD and the axis of rotation is hips (hips out in front of the pads). This is an advanced move but really targets the glutes. It does not involve dynamic back extension.
One of the things that helped me with activation for this when using a 45 degree extension, is that instead of allowing my heels to make contact with the platform, I push off on my toes. It takes nearly all the back out of it and places the emphasis on hamstrings and glutes.

Just an idea if you have someone who struggles with too much lower back activation.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Great post, I have scrawny legs even though they are my only body part I will not skip and will not cheat myself with. Glutes are a hard area to isolate and important for core strength. Great post

I do one legged bridges with a 45 plate on my hips and other glute work for my back. I still do not have much butt but my wife says I do have one and it is small and muscular and I do not look like a bullfrog anymore where my legs just attach to my torso. We have a similar machine to the one posted below. It is real good and I use it for a couple sets on legs day, but the bridges really isolate the glute from top to bottom. Also the closer you get to your butt with your foot the more it hits other parts of your core. If you do not do this, it may increase your squats, it did for me.

If you have back probs, strengthening glutes and core has all but solved 90% of my back pain.

cybex_vr1_glute_cybex_vr1_glute_2000x2000.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
The most important part is the positioning on the bench. The thighs are in contact with the hips above the bench. That sets the axis rotation being the hips, if the hips are in contact it moves the flexion to the lower back.

Some vids.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic