gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
Ingredients:

8 large eggs
1 tbsp salted butter
dried chives
seasoned salt

1. Leave your eggs out of the fridge for a few hours. I find that they cook better at room temperature than they do straight out of the fridge. If you're pressed for time, you can put your eggs in a bowl of hot tap water and they will come up to temperature pretty quickly.

2. I have an electric stove. You guys with gas will have to play with your settings. I put a medium frying pan on the burner at a heat setting of about 3 out of 10. I give it a few minutes to come up to temperature.

3. Crack your eggs and scramble the sh** out of them. I used a metal whisk for this, but you can do it however you like. I just know that I like them best when they are scrambled AF. I don't like any whites showing through. I like my whites and yolks completely combined.

4. Put your 1 Tbsp of butter in the pan and let it coat the pan.

5. Pour your eggs in the pan on top of the melted butter. Add a generous sprinkling of dried chives on top of your eggs.

6. Now this is the MOST important part. Get a whisk that is coated with silicone so it doesn't scratch your pan. Stir your eggs constantly while they cook. This will be a pain in the ass, but they are so good when you get them right. Stir and stir and stir until your eggs start to firm up.

7. You will know when your eggs are done when they are no longer runny but they are still very moist. You do not want overcooked eggs. Have your egg plate ready because you want to get the eggs out of the pan at their optimum level of cookedness. LOL.

8. Season your eggs with Lowrys seasoned salt and enjoy. I eat 8 eggs like this every morning and I love them.

Calories: 660
Fat: 51 grams
Carbs: 0 grams
Protein: 48 grams

Realistically the eggs have about 2.4g of carbs in them because its about 1/3 of a gram per egg, but does that really matter.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
When I am running that "strict" keto I am keeping my fat grams and protein grams equal and my total daily carbs under 20 grams. Recipes like this are key to that kind of life. You can obviously mess with the number of eggs and the amount of butter if you don't need to eat a meal this big. However, when I am only eating four meals a day, meals like this are pretty much par for the course. As long as I stay under about 3100 calories per day I am in a deficit and can slowly peel the fat off. If I wanted to get super shredded I am sure that I would have to bring that down more, but I don't need to be super shredded. I don't need ripped abs. I just like seeing big fat veins everywhere LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic