Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tranny Pat Manuel gets knocked out in 21 seconds

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Link says (s)he is a female > male tranny, and mentions the WBC, one of the 4 major Boxing Federations, but it lacks some details.

Does the WBC sanction just one tranny division, or are there 2, depending on which direction they tranny'd?

Also lacks detail as to who is advised, or required, to wear a protective cup to be sanctioned ... and who has to check compliance b4 they get in the Ring.

Mentions "Golden Boy" promoted this Fight, one of the several bigtime Boxing Promoters, CEO Oscar DeLaHoya. Some may remember pics of him surfacing on the Net in women's lingerie, yrs ago, way b4 AI.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
To be fair, Oscar is a HOF Boxer with no evidence of being a tranny. When the pics surfaced, he claimed he was all coked up at a party. I just hate him cause I was a Golovkin fan, and it was Oscar who taught Canelo how to delay logical major Fights until the opponent had aged a little ... or to require pre-fight rehydration clauses of the opponent that favor him. Currently, there has been much cry for Canelo to face the scary David Benavidez, but he hand-picked instead a good, but less-scary opponent for his next Fight.

Phooey.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I knew Raul Marquez kind of well here in Houston, so I got a change once to meet Oscar DeLaHoya. I am no expert on this shit but he seemed normal to me. But then nothing would shock me anymore.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I knew Raul Marquez kind of well here in Houston, so I got a change once to meet Oscar DeLaHoya. I am no expert on this shit but he seemed normal to me. But then nothing would shock me anymore.
Wow. I bet you're expert enough to know that Raul was an invincible beast @118 in his prime, and that he had an older brother named Juan Manuel Marquez who began as a semi-star @126 who was ducked by 3 bigger stars temporarily until he emerged as a more box-office-worthy opponent for some guy named Pacquiao. Their first 3 Fights were hi-skill, hi-violence w/Pac having the upper hand. In their 4th Fight, older Marquez not only won, he ktfo'd Paq unconscious. Then, he wisely decided a 5th time might be too high risk, and retired.

I only know some of Boxing history, but I've often thought the Marquez's were the best brother act of all time. The Klitschko's occurred to me, but Wlad was a bit more vulnerable than Vitali, who retired to become Mayor of Kiev. And, their Hwt division was less talent deep during their primes than were the several weight divisions the Marquez's plowed through.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Wow. I bet you're expert enough to know that Raul was an invincible beast @118 in his prime, and that he had an older brother named Juan Manuel Marquez who began as a semi-star @126 who was ducked by 3 bigger stars temporarily until he emerged as a more box-office-worthy opponent for some guy named Pacquiao. Their first 3 Fights were hi-skill, hi-violence w/Pac having the upper hand. In their 4th Fight, older Marquez not only won, he ktfo'd Paq unconscious. Then, he wisely decided a 5th time might be too high risk, and retired.

I only know some of Boxing history, but I've often thought the Marquez's were the best brother act of all time. The Klitschko's occurred to me, but Wlad was a bit more vulnerable than Vitali, who retired to become Mayor of Kiev. And, their Hwt division was less talent deep during their primes than were the several weight divisions the Marquez's plowed through.
I met Raul at a Powerhouse gym in Pasadena, Texas (late 90's), a friend of mine who ended up appearing in front of Congress for hGH use in Pro baseball was his trainer. We talked quite a few times and in fact, I asked him to appear at a local middle school I was a coach at and do a talk for kids. Most of the kids there were Hispanic and Raul even lived a few minutes from the school. The assembly at the school was a huge hit. He brought all of his belts including his Olympic medals to show the kids at the school. We both later worked together to give young kids the opportunity to learn boxing at a local boxing club in Galena Park for free. After one of his fights Raul had a nasty cut over his eye and I didn't see him in the gym training again. I took another job soon after on the other side of town and just completely lost contact with him. I will never forget Raul's generosity and his willingness to give back to the community he lived in. He was always very humble. Raul didn't know me from Adam but was very eager to help by talking to young kids in a heavily gang infested community. by giving them hope. He was an outstanding athlete but more importantly he is a great man.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I met Raul at a Powerhouse gym in Pasadena, Texas (late 90's) . . . .
SHIT. My lily-white ass and the aging gringo brain that comes with it confused the Raul you knew with the Rafael that I mistakenly mentioned above.

Rafael was a great Fighter and since somewhat forgotten because there have been many greats, and he was overshadowed by his older brother Juan Manual.

The Raul you knew, @Bigtex , seems to have been "only" a very, very good Fighter up in the higher weight divisions where most Americans pay more attention to recognizable tv names,

but HE, and his family, seem to have been great in other ways:

#some perspective on immigrants

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Nuts. that is as far as a woman can go in male boxing. Face a descent opponent and they will get mashed up even if they are on all sorts of test.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,