Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I had the same stall (more than once) for what I also perceived to be the same reason. Deadlifts often really do take away more than they give back when trained too often, while bench and squat seem to thrive when done more than once a week. That seems to be the reason so many lifters make good progress with those Shieko routines.

Yeah, I'm going to see what the end result is with this routine. I'll probably give it 2 runs but if it doesn't take me to where I want to be then I'm going back to my old layout. Gotta give it time but also gotta know when to say it's not working and not waste more time with it. My old one is very sheiko'esque in the sense that it's pull 1x but squat and bench 2x week.

I think something that also should be considered is the fact that as we age we cannot do when we once did.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Feeling MUCH better in terms of being run down.... Workout didn't take long, obviously. We'll see how I feel in my second block of training. Should train on Sunday for another quickie.

WAVE 1 WEEK 4
ACTIVE RECOVERY

BENCH/ SQUAT DAY

Bench (paused)~ bar x many, 135x7, 175x7, 205x7
Pause Squat (3 sec)~ 145x5, 235x5, 285x5, 285x5, 285x5
Plate Loaded OHP + band (each arm)~ 45+b x7, 90+b x7, 90+b x7,90+b x7​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Am I the only one who woke up one day and said.... What The Fvck! How did I become the guy people talk about in the gym saying the "old" guy is lifting big weights? I mean really? I honest to god feel like I'm still 28 but let's be honest... I'm not. Far from it. Being 36 isn't old but at the same time, I'm not recovering as quick as I used to and I have to train smarter.

I'm just wondering how many here have stopped and asked.... when did I become the "older" guy/gal in the gym tossing some steel?

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Am I the only one who woke up one day and said.... What The Fvck! How did I become the guy people talk about in the gym saying the "old" guy is lifting big weights? I mean really? I honest to god feel like I'm still 28 but let's be honest... I'm not. Far from it. Being 36 isn't old but at the same time, I'm not recovering as quick as I used to and I have to train smarter.

I'm just wondering how many here have stopped and asked.... when did I become the "older" guy/gal in the gym tossing some steel?

Haha that's me to every time someone calls me ma'am at the gym.

Also...recovery is sometimes shit. I call getting old "waking up every day feeling like shit somewhere."

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Haha that's me to every time someone calls me ma'am at the gym.

Also...recovery is sometimes shit. I call getting old "waking up every day feeling like shit somewhere."

If you don't like being called ma'am, you shouldn't come down here. Everyone in the south says sir and ma'am. We also hold doors open for women but most love that... they call it southern charm.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
If you don't like being called ma'am, you shouldn't come down here. Everyone in the south says sir and ma'am. We also hold doors open for women but most love that... they call it southern charm.
Not worried about being called ma'am, get enough of that when playing army...and being born and bred just below the Mason Dixon line I fully appreciate your mannerisms.

In the gym here in the NE it's an age indicator, not politeness, so...yeah.

But I digress from original point, how are you feeling? How's SS training? Has she got hooked up with the thousands of dollars of shit it takes to compete in SW? :/

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not worried about being called ma'am, get enough of that when playing army...and being born and bred just below the Mason Dixon line I fully appreciate your mannerisms.

In the gym here in the NE it's an age indicator, not politeness, so...yeah.

But I digress from original point, how are you feeling? How's SS training? Has she got hooked up with the thousands of dollars of shit it takes to compete in SW? :/

That's interesting. Down here, it's a sign of respect.

I'm felling much better, thanks for asking. My hips are still fvcked but I'm working on fixing this. I find if I roll the front of my hip (in the hip socket) I feel much better so I'm rolling on a pvc and ball a lot more. SS's training is going well. She just lifted 215lbs stone and put it on a 50" platform. She's lucky in that a national level competitor has a private gym with everything you need to compete so she does her event training there.

How's everything with you? I see you're still holding onto those abs with a death grip.... Remember a power belly helps with leverages... just saying. Guys down south like their women with a lil meat on their bones....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm the oldest guy on my team by like 10 years. The guys make jokes about it and shit. Don't bother me at all though. Not like I can change it.

Truth is, wisdom really does come with age. These younger guys will best themselves to death in the gym, skip their deload, barely warm up.

We know better. We know where they are headed by doing these things.

Question is, do the younger guys appreciate what you have to offer?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm the oldest guy on my team by like 10 years. The guys make jokes about it and shit. Don't bother me at all though. Not like I can change it.

Truth is, wisdom really does come with age. These younger guys will best themselves to death in the gym, skip their deload, barely warm up.

We know better. We know where they are headed by doing these things.

Question is, do the younger guys appreciate what you have to offer?

Truthfully, many of the youngers guys at my gym are head strong and so no they don't listen bu there's always a few who sit, watch, listen, and actually learn. Years ago when I first started training where I'm at everyone watched me perform reverse band work and watched in awe. Now, several of the guys there are using that same method for speed and overload training. One just uses it to squat since he says he has a bad knee and this allows him to squat again.

I've found that most younger kids, at least down here in the south, seem to think they know it all and they just drug themselves till their oozing oil instead of putting in the hard work. I always have fun with those b/c they only seem to work on bench and their pull and squat are atrocious.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
HAIL FLOOR PRESS.... That movement has definitely been a BIG help with my pressing power. 235+ 60lbs chain for CGBP was easy. Didn't need a spot and I'll be upping it next week. That's a sign of progress. Had a good day. Hips were killing me b/c SS was all over the bed so I didn't get to sleep at all but pulls actually felt good once I was warm. I was happy how easy 465 felt.

WAVE 2 WEEK 1
DEADLIFT/ BENCH DAY

Deadlift (conventional)~ 135x5, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 415x5, 415x5, 415x5, 465x5
CGBP +chain 60lbs~ bar x alot, 135x10, 185x5, 195+C x5, 205+C x5, 215+C x5, 225+C x5, 235+C x5, f. drop 205+C x5
Pull Through~ 110x8, 110x8, 110x8, 130x5
SLDL w/ band~ skipped​

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I just love it when those of you who are younger than my children talk about being the old timers in the gym. SMH

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I just love it when those of you who are younger than my children talk about being the old timersa in the gym. SMH

When you're almost 2x the age of others in the gym then that lets me know I'm getting up there in years. The funny things is they probably won't still be lifting this time next year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic