Using a Squat Suit
There’s no doubt the smart use of a squat suit can help a lifter build power that carries over into his raw strength levels. Not only power, but if one of your training goals is to put on quad size the squat suit can certainly speed up that process as well. The key word above, however, is SMART use of a squat suit. Use one incorrectly and it can become more of a crutch than a true training aid. Follow the tips below and your suit will definitely fall into the category of strength training super weapon. Your legs may never be the same.
Table Of Contents
First Steps in using a Squat Suit
* First Build a Raw Foundation. You should have a well-developed base strength before you start using a squat suit, a bench shirt or other similar gear. So if you weigh 225lbs and are squatting 275lbs you have quite a bit more progress to make before you start considering these types of things. Yes, a suit is one of the best ways to develop maximum squatting power, but it is not (and was never intended to be) something used until you have built up some real raw squat strength. Don’t put the cart in front of the horse.
* Get Your Suit in the Right Size. Next, your squat suit needs to be sized correctly if you plan on getting the maximum benefits out of its use. Follow the guidelines of the manufacturer. Keep in mind if you’ve never worn one before you can expect it to be very tight, uncomfortable and offer resistance when you attempt to squat down. A squat suit is not yoga gear. Many people who buy their first suit have incorrect expectations on how they feel. Don’t be one of them.
Plan the Program
* Adjust Your Program to Match Your Gear. When you are training wearing a squat suit adjust your program accordingly. This is a key component of getting the most out of your squat suit. If you follow the same program you were using while training raw your results will be nowhere near as remarkable. There’s plenty of good information on this subject. Take advantage of it!
* Cycle On and Off Using Your Suit. Once you get comfortable in using your suit there’s a temptation to leave raw lifting alone. A better method is to incorporate both into your training. Not only will this help your overall conditioning, but it will also go a long way towards keeping you injury free. Sometimes long periods of time using suits and shirts can stress out your joints if you’re not careful, so pay close attention to this.
* Always Buy Good Equipment. The quality of your squat gear you use is important. You will be squatting with personal record weights so you definitely need gear you can rely on. Be sure to put some time into selecting the right brand and model for your needs. There are many choices some great and some not so great. If you expect to make the most gains out of using a suit, getting a high quality one is a must!
With these smart tips in mind your quest to make the most out of using a squat suit will be much easier to achieve. Huge gains are possible with the right mindset, hard work and the proper gear. Good luck and stay strong!