Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

You're taking 3 clubs...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You're taking 3 clubs to the course to play a round. Which 3 are you taking and why? Me, I'm taking my driver, and 8 and my putter. The first and last are obvious and I can get to just about any green on my second shot with an 8, use it on par 3's and I can chip with it.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
3 wood, 4 iron, putter.

Because my prior neighbor is a golf pro, owns a course locally and when we discussed this, it's what he would take. I suck at golf, that's why I listen to him. No other reason

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
3 wood, 5iron, 7iron

3 wood I can hit straight and long, 5 iron is a knock down or save club/putter, and 7 iron is for anything inside 150

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Modest brag right quick:

Scratch golfer in high school
Played college golf
Have competed in long drive. 439yd best.

Not scratch anymore, but I’m a nightmare in a skins game. I keep my handicap single digit and have so much more fun when I play now than back when I was competitive and obsessed over every shot.

All that said, I bring my 18* hybrid, a 5 iron, and a pitching wedge.

Hybrid is good for 270-300, so that twice puts me on in two on par 5s. That plus 5 iron for some long par 4s. Two 5 irons for medium par 4s. Pitching wedge will be approach for all short par 4s. Can be closed down and moved back for short par 3s, or open up if you find the sand. Putt with the hybrid, nice and gentle like.

I grew up playing nonstop, and there was a guy on my home course who came out with a stake that had 3 clubs attached to it. 2iron, 8iron, putter. No bag. Pocket of 3 balls. No tees (always on or near a box). And I idolized the guy. Come to find out he was an alcoholic mooch that never paid and snuck on every evening after the starter and ranger left. Anyhow, I always thought it was awesome.

If you golf, I’m sure you don’t believe most of what I just said. At least 2 guys I know of on here could vouch for at least the long drive stuff and some old social media trick shots. At least 3 guys on here don’t give a rat’s ass though, haha. And I’m done.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
3 wood, 5iron, 7iron

3 wood I can hit straight and long, 5 iron is a knock down or save club/putter, and 7 iron is for anything inside 150
What are you putting with?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Hockey stick

18 pack (one for each hole)

Golf cart

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Modest brag right quick:

Scratch golfer in high school
Played college golf
Have competed in long drive. 439yd best.

Not scratch anymore, but I’m a nightmare in a skins game. I keep my handicap single digit and have so much more fun when I play now than back when I was competitive and obsessed over every shot.

All that said, I bring my 18* hybrid, a 5 iron, and a pitching wedge.

Hybrid is good for 270-300, so that twice puts me on in two on par 5s. That plus 5 iron for some long par 4s. Two 5 irons for medium par 4s. Pitching wedge will be approach for all short par 4s. Can be closed down and moved back for short par 3s, or open up if you find the sand. Putt with the hybrid, nice and gentle like.

I grew up playing nonstop, and there was a guy on my home course who came out with a stake that had 3 clubs attached to it. 2iron, 8iron, putter. No bag. Pocket of 3 balls. No tees (always on or near a box). And I idolized the guy. Come to find out he was an alcoholic mooch that never paid and snuck on every evening after the starter and ranger left. Anyhow, I always thought it was awesome.

If you golf, I’m sure you don’t believe most of what I just said. At least 2 guys I know of on here could vouch for at least the long drive stuff and some old social media trick shots. At least 3 guys on here don’t give a rat’s ass though, haha. And I’m done.
I didnt sneak on, I had permission from the guy at the cart rental to be out there late.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I really suck at golf so I don't think it would matter. I have played at places I shouldn't have been allowed to they were so nice.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Ace of clubs, king of clubs, and queen of clubs. Plus vodka. Lots of vodka.....

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
4iron 230 avg 247 long
pitching wedge 130 avg 145 long
putter

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic