Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Your insulin experience.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
I've been researching this lately. I would like to hear personal experience only. I am looking for people's best protocol for post workout and diet advice while running it. Please post numbers and results if possible so that your results can be put in context. This is directed for me to run the leanest way possible and still see good muscle gain for the risk involved.

I truly appreciate any replies.

I understand the risks involved. I understand the need for a meter and testing. Please none of the parrot danger warnings unless you personally had a hypo or otherwise (got fat as hell) experience.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
I am a natural ectomorph. Thin and tall.

I thought that slin would be my savior, so I ran it for 1 year and 4 months. On a four week on - four week off cycle.

At the beginning I almost died from taking too much. (I posted my h-experience here.)

Would never run it again. And not because I almost died. I would simply not run it again because it made me too, too thick around my waist area. I was hoping more overall size or more size to my arms and legs, but it was my "trunk" that got thicker. I went from a 32" waist to a 40" waist. And all of this with a good clean diet.

Never again will I try slin. Ever.

Reactions: JC3
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't think staying real lean while running slin is that realistic. You are going to put on some fat in the beginning most likely. As you experiment and understand how man carbs per iu gets you growth without significant fat gain you will of course gets better results.

The general rule of thumb is 10 grams of carbs per iu of slin. You can work your way back one gram each time to see what works best. Just don't push your luck.

Keep soda around, glucose tabs etc for emergencies of course.

You should consider getting some metformin for your off days and when you come off to restore insulin sensitivity. 250 2 x per day.

I love slin

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I don't think staying real lean while running slin is that realistic. You are going to put on some fat in the beginning most likely. As you experiment and understand how man carbs per iu gets you growth without significant fat gain you will of course gets better results.

The general rule of thumb is 10 grams of carbs per iu of slin. You can work your way back one gram each time to see what works best. Just don't push your luck.

Keep soda around, glucose tabs etc for emergencies of course.

You should consider getting some metformin for your off days and when you come off to restore insulin sensitivity. 250 2 x per day.

I love slin

I don't see why somebody can't stay lean while running slin. That whole ten carb rule is unnecessary and is put in place maybe to just keep people safe. You actually only need 2-4 carbs per IU of slin(if even that much). I ran 12/IU pre workout with a shake that had around 50 carbs then post workout had some chicken and a sweet potato. As long as you are taking humalog then that's all you need per dose and its out of your system. I've gone up to 22/IU before with a 50 gram shake and I was fine. I'm not advising against the whole ten carb rule to start because everybody is different and you need to assess your own tolerance to insulin but you should quickly be able to work your way down to 3-5 carbs per IU. Your body can produce glucose if it's in desperate need of it, insulin isn't some lethal drug it's made out to be. You really have to be a moron and seriously overdue to get yourself in trouble.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks pob. I plan on starting from 7g per iu and monitoring with meter from there to figure my needs. I don't plan on being real lean. I just want to stay as lean as possible while I bulk. I've over did it before when bulking with fat gain and don't want to get carried away.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Giantslayer, I will be checking your log as well.

All of your replies are well received, thank you.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I get insane pumps, vascularity, constant fullness, etc. But honestly never noticed much added growth.. I notice I always look much larger while I'm running it once per day, but once I go off I lose that added fullness and it isn't anything spectacular. I've never tried more than once per day though. Tried it pre and post workout. I would say if you were running it at every meal or multiple times per day at least your results may be far more pronounced.

But if you're safe and following a decent carb guideline, you should be fine. I never had any real ill side effects. I have tried it while cutting as well and just lowered carbs at other times of day. Seemed to grow a bit while dieting down which was nice.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I used the protocol from over on Bass's site when I did it. I didn't gain fat either. I was using Test, Tren and Hgh and peptides along with it. IMO, you can't beat that combo while on slin. It has tremendous synergy. I was on slin in the pic in my avatar.

The ONLY issue I had was solving an issue where I was going hypo after 3 hours consistently. I started having to anticipate it and adjusted my meal plan. Never once did I ever feel like I was in a dangerous situation though. I kept stuff with me constantly. In my gym bag I kept several boxes of nerds candy and would grab another, better carb source. Keep your fats very low while you're under the effects of slin.

At the highest, I was up to about 12-15iu of slin and had 125-150g carbs in my protein shake that I would start sipping on about 10 mins after I took it. First mistake I made was slamming the shake. I was nervous. The more comfortable I got, the more I realized I didn't have to slam it. Just sip it over a 30-45 mins time frame.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Shortz- great post ! Your experience demonstrates smart intelligent support . That's how it's friggin done ! Bravo !
Everyone's looking he listened to his body and made adjustments, basskilleronline I've considered more valuable than any forum as he has created it over 15 years from many experiences . If you ain't been on the site it's recommended study for all

S

Smash104adams

May 13, 2015
I'm only running 10IU on my leg days pre-workout. I take 10IUs before breakfast and I will go to the gym right after that meal and I will sip on a carb drink thru out my workout but my workout will last no more than a hour.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic