Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Your hints & tips on upper pec training

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Personally I like the bench a little flatter. Since my gym has db to inclined at the lowest for my taste I toss a 10lb plate the under towards to front the front to shift the angle lower guess I could toss a 25lbs to get it even lower but haven't tried. This really helps take off unwanted shoulder stress and give me a better contraction in the chest.

Other suggestions
- Cable flies in a motion from the bottom upward helps I tend to do them on a free motion cable machine
- Reverse grip bench which others have suggested but I have no personal experience with to give feed back
- Guillotine bench press don't go heavy if you want to keep your head

I do the flies and putting plate under the bench personally. If I can think of anymore suggestions I'll add them to the list.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Be a "pec" bencher and not a "delt" bencher - do your chest presses (BB and DB flat and incline benches, any machine presses, etc) with proper form and body alignment so that the pecs are doing most of the work, and your upper pecs will fill out.

Also, some past experts have even published that exercises thought to be "lower pec" builders such as low angled BB DECLINES and wide grip dips are best for upper pecs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic