Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Young guys and TRT

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I understand where you are at. There are times I also think about stopping this self-prescribed TRT and go on an aggressive pct protocol like the the so called "power pct". I am just too afraid of going back to feeling like shit everyday, all day long.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
That's where I am at now... Through nutritional programming I am able to get by with some energy and recover better than I would regularly from training but daily stuff has been ****ing hard because I'm so drained all the time

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
The thing is that if you decide to go the natural way instead of your TRT you have to be sure that you're not going to use steroids again. I remind you that I took more than a year off anything, i used lots of Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D3 and ate a diet relatively high in fat (poly-mono and saturated, no trans fat) and still my test levels were around 370-400 max. My LH and FSH values were exactly at the bottom of the normal range and my estrogen and prolactin levels were actually very good. So were my thyroid values.

I account my lower test levels to the extreme anxiety I feel all day long. I haven't tested it, but I am sure that my cortisol levels are probably very high and this leads to low testosterone levels. I could be wrong but if I am correct, there's no chance I will go back to SSRI's. Benzo's, I am not even thinking about touching them.

So, the way I see it, there are two options:

1) Go on an agressive PCT protocol and decide that I/we are never going to cycle again and try some supplement combinations to balance the adrenal receptors and the levels of hormones associated with them. (Psycotherepay would also reveal any underlying issues that cause anxiety and getting these solved out means even less things to worry about).

2) Stay on TRT and enjoy life to the fullest without hormonal fluctuation. It looks like it is the easy fix but it isn't because you may actually have to use hCG and an AI (I use 1mg A-dex e3-4d). You also have to do blood work often to see if your RBC's and Hematocrit are withing the normal range as well as PSA (optionally i guess) and estrogen/prolactin (with the later being otpional).

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Rein -
WHy not just stay on TRT and give blood 2 or 3 times a year? Sounds like you're a wreck without it.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Rein -
WHy not just stay on TRT and give blood 2 or 3 times a year? Sounds like you're a wreck without it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. There's no point in going back to feeling like shit. It's just that I don't like the idea of being dependant on any kind of drug for the rest of my life.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Going the TRT route seems like a drastic thing to me as a younger person. What happens when the zombie apocalypse comes and you can't get it? In all seriousness though that is a lifetime commitment that would scare me to death.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Sorry to throw slightly off topic question here but why do you think you are headed toward sterility? I am and always have been natty so I can not say this from a personal experience perspective, but I know more than a few guys who cycle AAS that had no trouble putting a bun in the oven, so just wondering why you think it is gonna happen to you...

G

govols

Apr 5, 2016
It's been said a few times here. It is forever. Now that I said that, yes, I'm 30 and on TRT. Just seriously sit down and think about what you feel is best for you. There are other ways than TRT to get things going, but it's a personal choice that you'll have to make.

Saying all that, I'll add this. Find a good doctor, don't settle. Many doctors/endos are shit. You'll find that out. It may take a few different attempts to find one that fits you and works with you.

G

govols

Apr 5, 2016
Also, what's didn't restart much? Have numbers?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic