Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Imsprod1

You want to Squat BIG than Box Squat....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I was before I got an injury to my left shoulder. I was working on trying to get to the American Open (national level meet). Since getting injured I've pretty much decided to just train the Olympic Assisting Movements and not the Classical Lifts (Snatch and Clean & Jerk). I'm fortunate to train at one of the best Oly Weightlifting Gyms in the US so I get great coaching. I may get the itch to perform the Classical Lifts but for now I'm going to leave that for the team and my wife.

I've been thinking about trying a Raw PLing Meet.

Last edited:
SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I was before I got an injury to my left shoulder. I was working on trying to get to the American Open (national level meet). Since getting injured I've pretty much decided to just train the Olympic Assisting Movements and not the Classical Lifts (Snatch and Clean & Jerk). I'm fortunate to train at one of the best Oly Weightlifting Gyms in the US so I get great coaching. I may get the itch to perform the Classical Lifts but for now I'm going to leave that for the team and my wife.

I've been thinking about trying a Raw PLing Meet.

Nice bro and yeah funny to say this but it's true Powerlifting is much safer the Oly lifting it's more controlled and with a good team it's all controlled in Oly shit goes wrong it's just you and the bar.

You must be pretty damn strong bro a great women lifter and fine as hell is and Oly/Powerlifter Kara Bohigian Smith

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't know. I'm pretty strong.

I know Kara, she used to lift at my gym so now you know where I train. She isn't doing anything now. John tried to bring her back but to no avail. She was a mediocre Oly Lifter but she was a great PLer. If you think she's a good Oly Lifter I'll post what Kara would be up against. This chick is a cutie and the baddest bitch in the world in the 75kg weight class.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I like using a box to teach the squat, and to build hip strength.

I feel like it IS over used though. You see a ton of lifters struggle to keep balance in the squat or hit depth because they are looking for the box. So many people sit to the box, then rock under the weight and ascend. Without the box they descend bent over and either can't sit in to the suit to hit depth or just have to good morning a weight up because they can't hold form without it.....

just my $0.02

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I agree with the form issue.I struggled with box squat form for a long time.The carry over for strongman is well worth it.No idea about the carry over for powerlifting.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
thanks BrotherIron. i am going to give these a shot in the next few months. right now i am having trouble getting my squat to increase. been stuck for a while.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
thanks BrotherIron. i am going to give these a shot in the next few months. right now i am having trouble getting my squat to increase. been stuck for a while.

Anytime. Give these a try and also try Bottom Up Squats.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Anytime. Give these a try and also try Bottom Up Squats.

lol just had to google those. a "dead" squat so to speak. i think the power rack i am using right now(same one in avi) will accomodate those. maybe a little higher than the bottom of my squat but still wel under parallel

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic